Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand do you guys pump into your cars and why?
I used to use Chevron, than read something that it's not the best performance wise, switched to Shell. Didn't have any problems, till recent CA octane drop, after that had my car fueled at two different Shell station and both times had poor mileage and SOTP performance. Had to go back to Chevron.
What would you recommend?
Thanks.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Amaco has the best gas. I only go there.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Amoco 93 Premium is all I've put in the Cobra from day one. I even buy it only from one nearby convenient store, because they do good business. Busy gas pumps mean fresh gasoline!

·
Registered
788 Posts
GAS

I buy Chevron when I can find it, otherwise I use Shell. I like the Chevron because of the Techron in it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I only use what the "BIG THREE" use for mileage and emissions tests. Chevron.

·
Registered
556 Posts
106.1mph on SHELL gasoline. It's the best IMHO!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
For me, it's not "What" so much as "When". I use the majors, Amoco (Ever notice that BP now advertised that now it is using Amoco fuel. Like they didn't have a good product before when it was BP, but now that they bought Amoco, their gas is better), Texaco, Chevron and Exxon.

But before I buy ANY gas, I ask when they got their last delivery. Stations that I trade with all the time, I know when they get their deliveries. I NEVER pump gas from any station on it's delivery day. That stirs up sediment and water (Yes, every tank has water in it. Not usually a problem unless it has been stired up, like when the tanker truck drops a few thousand gallons in).

I think it's funny that so many like Shell gas. I have consistently gotten bad performance and milage from Shell gas, and I have tried it from many different stations in many parts of the country. Maybe it's me. In fact, the only gas that made a noticible difference was when I was visiting in NJ and got a couple tanks of Sunoco 94. Unfortunately, we don't have Sunoco here in Georgia, so I don't know if that was real, or just the placebo effect. But if I could get 94 regularly, I'd slap a timing adjuster on that bad boy.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I only use Sunoco 94 and Mobil 93... have never tried anything else but have not had a problem with either of the above.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I always put the cheapest gas I can find in my car. I never had any problem. But Sunoco is opening up a brand new station right accros from where I work. It's the first Sunoco I have ever seen. So from now on it's going to be Sunoco 94. :joy:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nothing but 93 Amoco, I even have six 5 gal fuel jugs for taking gas to the track.

Here in Jacksonville Florida Amoco still has the clear glass sightglass on the pump handles so you can see whats going in.

Up outside of Sav. Ga. I tried to buy some Amoco and it was as yellow as piss. Guess the dotheads were trying to pass BP off for Amoco. That is when I went and bought the 3 other fuel jugs when I got home.

If I run out of gas or can not get Amoco I use the 100 oct unleaded track gas. Expensive as all get out but...

NFS

·
Registered
477 Posts
76 Race Fuel

or

Mobil

·
Registered
493 Posts
In South FL, Amoco is the best. Next would be Mobil, Texaco, Cheveron and Exxon. Shell and Citgo are the worst, avoid them like the Bubonic plague.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Seems like a lot like Amoco.
Why don't we have this brand in CA?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I use 2-stroke 50:1 mix and it gets me almost 24MPG!!! It also saves me money because I don't have to run any oil in the engine due to the oil/gas already mixed!

:lol:

·
Registered
13 Posts
In California all we can get is 91 with some UnoCal 76 stations and performance shops offering 100 octane unleaded.

Andrew,
Danny Swanson of Swanson Performance recommended UnoCal 76 for me and I'm running just under 12 psi of boost with no problems.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts