Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering if you guys remove the rad when taking out the engine??Only asking cause looks like theres enough room It's no biggy to get out anyway...

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Id rather be safe than sorry. Pull it.
+1 two bolts isn't worth spending $200+...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats what i plan on having mine look like but then replacing is my avatar finally going in the hole soon!!! with a lentech str full manual and trans brake!!!! cant wait to get her going but still a ways away still fuel system and then the eight rib ohh and some nice Tf's stage2 with custom cams from MHS.......with some added boost lol

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
i'm pretty sure i've always left it in, but you gotta be careful not to jack it up. it'd probably best to remove it to be honest.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Actually now that I think about it some more, of you still have ac I would leave. I'd rather pop the radiator then a condenser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
awesome pics love it mines just going to be a little shinny 'r .... - the YSI i have a v3 that i plan on maxing out to see what i get then i plan on a YSI ........lol

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will evaluate the situation on monday afternoon when i get to the shop.. Cause yes i have A/C ...

·
Registered
537 Posts
Never pulled the radiator with any of the mod motor cars I've been involved with motors going in or out.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I left the radiator and fan in. Had plenty of room. But then again its less than 5 minutes to take it out. So its all up to you

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I didn't, I was fine when I pulled it out. Then I smacked it going back in. I'm praying it isn't going to leak but I have a feeling I'll be buying a new radiator, all the reason to upgrade though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts