Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on installing my injectors. I have most of the lines and connections undone, and 5 out of 6 bolts out. On the back passanger side, there is this rusted metal piping that curves up, and onto that bolt. What is this pipe? I am having problems getting this off. I probably just have to yank harder:) I just thought I woudl take a break, and figure out what it does.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Without a pic, I would guess it's your tube that runs along the intake, connecting coolant hoses in the front to the heater hoses in the rear. I'm assuming you pulled the upper intake off, but with the fuel rails unbolted the injectors won't pull out? That tubes in your way?

·
Banned
6,256 Posts
or brace connecting intake to tranny? i recall there use to be these braces.. served no purpose and got thrown away quickly!

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zeus said:
So what was it?
Well after posting it here, I realized that it shoudl be in the 5.0 engine tech. I posted it there as well. I then learned that there is some sort of a "U" steel rod. It connects on top of the rear passanger side intake bolt, and also to the block. Someone mentioned it was ford's way of stopping people from stealing intakes I guess?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts