Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a 2000GT Convertable, which Power pullies are better, Steeda or March ? And do you need a puller to get the crank pullie off ?
Thanks for any info or opinions.
Neil

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I believe the March pullies are piggyback style, and I know the Steedas include a new crank pully/vibration damper.

Yes, you have to pull the crank damper with the Steedas, and I'm not sure about the March ones. You will need a puller.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I would have gotten the Steeda pulleys if I would have known about them when I got my car...I had only heard of BBK and March before that so I got the BBK's because they were polished aluminum...They are piggyback style like the March's...The steeda's allow for the use of their Timing Adjuster, which doesn't work with the piggy back ones (although I think BBK is making one, and Roush has one out for them)...I have read though that Steeda has made a bracket that will make their T/A work with piggy back pulleys...

All in all I think you get about the same performance from any of them...make sure you us an impact wrench to take the alternator pulley off cause it gets on there tight! Use some RTV in the crank keyway also...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, I think I'll get the March because they are a lot less money than the steeda. And the guy at March gave me a new part #1170 that is now a real pully and not a piggyback for the 2000GT.
Neil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts