Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 01 lightning and was wanting to know which mods are the best, lower pulleys (6 or 8 psi) or about a 100 shot of nitros? i have been told that with the pulleys you should have to have the chip redone and as long as i kept nitros under a 100 shot that the stock chip would work as long as i jetted it right.

·
Registered
8 Posts
imsvtcrazy said:
i have a 01 lightning and was wanting to know which mods are the best, lower pulleys (6 or 8 psi) or about a 100 shot of nitros? i have been told that with the pulleys you should have to have the chip redone and as long as i kept nitros under a 100 shot that the stock chip would work as long as i jetted it right.
You would Def need a chip for either mod, nitrous or more boost over a 2# pulley. I wouldnt recommend going over a 6lb pulley, I've heard there is not much gain over a 6# due to the heat from the stock eaton. Plus I don't think the stock rods would last very long with a 8#.

You could always do a 4# and a 50 shot, with a proper tune, you should be alright :)

Jon

·
Registered
702 Posts
i'm doing the 4# and zex nitrous. hopeing to put down around 440hp and 550 trq. of coarse i will have a dyno tune though.

don't go over 4#'s, its been proven that with these eatons, it just makes more heat. i think there is only a 8-10 hp difference.

·
Registered
76 Posts
heres my opinion............... Personally i have a 4 lower, 2lb upper, ported s/c all together making 15-16psi..........I will soon be adding a 35-50 wet shot on the truck. I would do the boost first for two reasons Get a 6lb lower and be done with it unless you plan on spraying then get the 4lb

1 Its cheaper THe NX kit from PSP is 1,000 bucks
2 its always there........ no refills

IF youd like to discuss this topic more id like to help any L owner out as much as possible you can hit me up on AIM S/N BLWNTRK or call me 205-522-3374

John Bolen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts