Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I’m new here.. I have a 99 cobra with a built motor,an it has a vortech supercharger on it with a 3.48 pulley. This weekend I will be installing a vortech inner cooler water to air cooler. I was told I need to down size on the pulley. I was thinking 331 to keep my 7pounds because that what it was making with the 3.48. I also have a power pipe. My question is belt size any any recommendations on length everything I’ve been reading says 108 but I have no clue any input would be great thank you..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Couple guys told me anVortech that I will have to downsize because of the inner cooler

·
Registered
2000 Mustang GT
216 Posts
The aftercooled kit for the 2V’s come with the same belt as the regular, and a 3.33 instead of a 3.60

if you have the part number for your belt it would be easy to find a shorter one if you need it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah this isn’t a two valve it’s a four valve And from the kit is different between the two

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right now non inner cool it produces about 7 pounds at 6200 RPM. I have a 3.12 pulley and I’m thinking about ordering a 331 pulley. But the motor is built I don’t know which pulley would be best

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know mine is a bit different but I have a 98 Cobra. I just went intercooled but prior to that I was still running the same combo pulley. I am and was running a 3.12 with a stock crank pulley. Before intercooled I made 430whp at 13.5lbs of boost. This last dyno run 3 weeks ago after going blow through maf and intercooled I made 460whp at 8.2lbs of boost. Allot less boost with more power. Question though. Why air to water and not air to air? A2A are almost bullet proof in the terms of less things to go wrong. A2W kits have allot of extra "things" to fail. Plus the cost alone between the 2. But on a side note I don't remember the belt size, I want to say mine is a 113" gates belt. If you are looking to gain some power then this is why you have to drop pulley sizes. You will loose boost when you go A2A or A2W.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
only reason I’m going a2w is because I’m getting a really good deal on the kit. An plus I can’t seem to find a kit for 1999 cobra 4v for a2a.

·
Registered
84 Posts
only reason I’m going a2w is because I’m getting a really good deal on the kit. An plus I can’t seem to find a kit for 1999 cobra 4v for a2a.
Fair enough. Procharger sells a kit for the 99 Cobra. Hefty price tag. I actually got the CX kit for mine and it was a very easy install. I will be swapping out the intercooler itself with a Mishimoto soon. If I was you, I would swap to the 3.12 pulley. Im not sure how much pressure will be lost through A2W but I suspect some. I will try to check and see what my belt it. Looking back 112" gates is flying around in my head

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I looked into the cx kit but it’s for a 2v which sucks I would have definitely got that.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah it will still work. My car is a 4 valve. The engine itself really has no affect other than the throttle body. The chassis are still the same between the 4v-2v. I bought the kit and bought another straight 24" pc that comes out of the 90 elbow after the cooler straight to my throttle body. It was so easy to install. I have a total of 1500 into my setup and that is including the tune, blow through maf and intercooler kit. Maybe a bit less

1 - 14 of 14 Posts