Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of yours I have purchased one from a fellow I know. IS it a good investmeant?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Could be the best or worst $40 you ever spent, depends. One Corraler had his catch on fire and mine died within 5 hours of running. The company that made them is gone so they can't be contacted. If you are planning on using it for something other than to run a MK VIII fan you may be OK. I think the fan has too much current draw for the PSM. Good luck.

·
Registered
461 Posts
where did you find the controller. I have one on my gt and it works great, but I need a couple more for the LX, the Wifes SUV, an electric water pump and my motor cycle.

I would kill to get a couple of vari flow controllers at that price.

·
Registered
316 Posts
wesb said:
What do you think of yours I have purchased one from a fellow I know. IS it a good investmeant?
I have been using one on my Mark VIII fan for two years with no issues at all! It's a great little device, too bad they went out of business.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine died after a few months on a Mark VIII setup.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I had a PMS vari flow controller on my car for 2 years and loved it. Especially after buying two of the Pep Boys variety fan controllers that lasted less than 2 weeks. Disadvantage, my dual 12" inch fans made an objectional high pitch whine when not at full voltage from PMS controller. Disadvantage, I paid over $100 bucks for mine, but was worth the expense from a reliability standpoint. I've also had really good luck with the fan controller that came with my dual 12" elec. fans from Hayden (purchased from Summit Racing). The Hayden controller just looks ugly as heck since the controller box is large for an electronic piece and uses a sensing probe that goes into the radiator upper inlet hose.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
BP Convt said:
I had a PMS vari flow controller on my car for 2 years and loved it. Especially after buying two of the Pep Boys variety fan controllers that lasted less than 2 weeks. Disadvantage, my dual 12" inch fans made an objectional high pitch whine when not at full voltage from PMS controller. Disadvantage, I paid over $100 bucks for mine, but was worth the expense from a reliability standpoint. I've also had really good luck with the fan controller that came with my dual 12" elec. fans from Hayden (purchased from Summit Racing). The Hayden controller just looks ugly as heck since the controller box is large for an electronic piece and uses a sensing probe that goes into the radiator upper inlet hose.
BP - I just bought that Hayden controller from Autozone. That prob is a little odd looking. I wanted to ask you, did you have 2-12" Hayden fans on your car. Did they fit your radiator? I want to go with the dual fans because I think they look cooler then just one but dont know how wide my 3 core GDI is. Anyone?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts