Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Here's the timeslip I promised... the one that caused so much controversy last week...

My timeslip

Thank you,
Jeff

·
Registered
568 Posts
Lies all lies!! Quit trying to give us that fake ****!!

Nice times!! ;) :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
13.1 on gatorbacks? hmmmmm? either your full of :bs: , or you are the :king: .

thats mighty fast

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, Cecil County Dragway.

Thanks.
Jeff

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,941 Posts
You forgot to put "Cecil Mod" in your sig! Shame on you! :lol:

Nice times, guy!

-Pat

·
Registered
410 Posts
Does Cecil County Dragway make that big of a difference? How much better of a tack and how faster on times vs Capital in Crofton?

What days/nights & times are open to guys off the street looking for getting some times in? Cost?

Their website doesn't give much details, it mentioned racing friday, saturday and sunday.

thanks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have been to Cecil, But I have never ran their. the F-body guys swear by it. www.easternfbody.com These guys run their alot. I do however like capitol. As you can see in the time in sig. It can be a descent track as well. Especially since I only ran the 94 one day at Crofton (the time is not worked down). Everyone sayas cecil is better. Crofton is fast, But I can't seem to hook all that well, I have not ran their with any kind of good tires though....I have pulled only 2.16 at another track.(tires suck). My bro. pulled a 1.88 60 ft in a 98GT w/ 17" BFG DR at Capitol though

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What I've found is that Cecil is about .1 and 1mph faster, on average, than Capitol. Capitol is roughly as fast as ATCO and Englishtown. That's about all I can say aboot that.

Jeff

·
Registered
313 Posts
And Crapitol is about .15 faster than 75-80. But 75-80 is the only track around that allows ragtops to go below 14 w/o a cage so I'm stuck watching at all the Cecil/Capitol events:mad:

·
Registered
410 Posts
96sled said:
And Crapitol is about .15 faster than 75-80. But 75-80 is the only track around that allows ragtops to go below 14 w/o a cage so I'm stuck watching at all the Cecil/Capitol events:mad:
4pt cage went on last week, may not be a 6pt or 8pt NHRA but good enought for a Friday night trail once. I am going to try it out, just can't decide on where I would get my best time at. Which track is more crowded on Friday night? Capital or Cecil

As soon as I get the windshield fixed I'll take photos of car and put on website.

I don't do 1/4 mile and my car isn't setup for it, but I'd like to just see what I can pull, strictly a one time thing and only for laughs. When I really want to race I'll buy a 7sec dragster like my buddy.

I would like to do summit point once, but again with my tires, tranny and gears it's more of a high highway car. I commute with it, not race it.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cecil is MOBBED crowded. Capital is pretty bad too on Friday nights. Key is get there early. 5pm for Capital, 5:30 for Cecil. Capital is $10, Cecil is $15. The crowd at Cecil is a little more country folk type, whereas the Capital crowd is a little more urban. Always call first.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

·
Registered
313 Posts
highmiles said:

4pt cage went on last week, may not be a 6pt or 8pt NHRA but good enought for a Friday night trail once. I am going to try it out, just can't decide on where I would get my best time at. Which track is more crowded on Friday night? Capital or Cecil

As soon as I get the windshield fixed I'll take photos of car and put on website.

I don't do 1/4 mile and my car isn't setup for it, but I'd like to just see what I can pull, strictly a one time thing and only for laughs. When I really want to race I'll buy a 7sec dragster like my buddy.

I would like to do summit point once, but again with my tires, tranny and gears it's more of a high highway car. I commute with it, not race it.
He's right, get there early on Friday night or don't bother. 75-80 can get mobbed as well on Friday night but isn't unbearable. Get there early, make three runs and call it a night because you'll be waiting over an hour between runs from there on out. Remember that all these tracks have T&T most every weekend day as well. The just don't advertise it. And most of the time there are less people running during wknd days. Friday nigh is huge for the kids in there imports while Sat and Sun is more for bracket racers. I've gone to 75-80 on Saturdays and made as many runs as possible before. Capital much the same (before I got below 14). I'd go on a Sat or Sun if I were you otherwise it's a frickin' street party.

And yes Cecil will give you your best time. It's just a bit far for me to go to regularly.

Marty

·
Registered
149 Posts
75&80...haha, yea it is definately the closest place to me....BUt it is absolutley the worst track to race at, it is though the best track to watch races at on Friday..Last friday...everyone was running slow as crap, some old camaro pulled the wheels straight up in the air:eek: And their was a huge fight and the police and state jet helicopter came out; shining his lights and all. BUT truly it is the slowest track I have ever been at (not considering elevation factors) You can watch people run...they will get out of the hole ok sometimes, but then half way up the track (going up hill...haha) they will start to spin, I watched an ls1 do this, and I have done this as well...it is really weird...Escpecially when alot of stock cars are breaking loose in 3rd and 4th gear(no exaggeration)...anyway, I advise no one to run your car there, unless it is for fun. You will be dissapointed

P.S.---I didn't know their were so many MD guys here, I would like to get together for a test and tune or something at Capitol some time 2-4 weeks maybe?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts