Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any you hoonigans know for sure if promaxx heads are just procomps renamed?
I've heard both good and bad but got into a discussion at work and i can't seem to find any concrete honest information if they're the same company or not.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
thats a big negative. promaxx are great heads for the money, they come with a good valve train and pac springs. I bought my second pair over black friday.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I won't just tell ya ill show ya! PROMAXX have incredible bang for the buck and are much better than procomps. I have both.

Reactions: neffarnie2

·
Registered
41 Posts
thats a big negative. promaxx are great heads for the money, they come with a good valve train and pac springs. I bought my second pair over black friday.

Good to know. I just bought a set of Promaxx 180 cc heads with the springs that say good up to .600 lift. So are these PAC springs and I guess they'll work well with my TFS stage 2 cam?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
They are PAC springs.

Reactions: Reddogs Fabrication

·
Registered
839 Posts
Does anyone have some Actual, tested, flow data for the ProMaxx 180 heads?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Does Promaxx have a canted valve sbf head offering ?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
i checked them before and just checked them again and found some now, they kind of look like the china AFD casting, anyone here know anything about int port size, i cant find any pics of intake ports.

wondering if a 2.25" intake valve can fit in these?
Those are nice, though they have poor exhaust flow with a relatively large exhaust valve. For 2 grand, the AFR 220's or TFS 11R205's are a known quantity.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
i checked them before and just checked them again and found some now, they kind of look like the china AFD casting, anyone here know anything about int port size, i cant find any pics of intake ports.

wondering if a 2.25" intake valve can fit in these?
Those are interesting. But the exhaust ports should not be made like the Cleveland's bad turned down port. Any aftermarket version should have those ports raised about an inch. Cleveland headers are so rare now, heads could probably be made with Windsor exhaust bolt patterns, and people have an easier time finding a header that fits.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Can you use these on a stock short block?
Yes, from the description they are made as replacements in a stock level engine.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I'm curious if the OP is worried about ptv with the 2.02 intake valves.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm also interested if these heads clear stock block and pistons with no issues.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm also interested if these heads clear stock block and pistons with no issues.
I have a set of these Pro Maxx # 9175 I wanted to try out on my blueprint remanufactured 5.0 HO shortblock with stock replacement pistons, FTI 223/227 @ .050 cam, mine had .080 clearance on the intake, over .100 on the exhaust, ran 11.80 with them Saturday. Not my personal best , but first time out with this combo.

a couple Youtube links from the head swap and at the track.

I'd say they are hard to beat for the money, not at all sorry I purchased them as I wanted a nice set of backup heads to be able to engine swap with no downtime.

Reactions: fasterthangas

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I have a set of these Pro Maxx # 9175 I wanted to try out on my blueprint remanufactured 5.0 HO shortblock with stock replacement pistons, FTI 223/227 @ .050 cam, mine had .080 clearance on the intake, over .100 on the exhaust, ran 11.80 with them Saturday. Not my personal best , but first time out with this combo.

a couple Youtube links from the head swap and at the track.

I'd say they are hard to beat for the money, not at all sorry I purchased them as I wanted a nice set of backup heads to be able to engine swap with no downtime.
Awesome! How far in the hole are your pistons?

·
Registered
308 Posts
They are out of the hole .009 with a .047 Ford Motorsport (Fel Pro 9333 pt1?) headgasket

1 - 20 of 32 Posts