Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1989 GT
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Laid out my harness today to map out the wiring plan.

what is this piece for?
Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design Personal luxury car

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
now that you got your system, before you go tearing into everything, get the laptop setup. download the pro m software, download the innovate software. get everything on the laptop up and running before removing your harness and downing your car.
99% of pro m users/owners dont/didn't do this and then when it comes to programming and starting the vehicle, they have mountains of questions on how/why they can't download, why this box is popping up, how come this, how come that etc.

Get the laptop done first.

·
Registered
1989 GT
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
now that you got your system, before you go tearing into everything, get the laptop setup. download the pro m software, download the innovate software. get everything on the laptop up and running before removing your harness and downing your car.
99% of pro m users/owners dont/didn't do this and then when it comes to programming and starting the vehicle, they have mountains of questions on how/why they can't download, why this box is popping up, how come this, how come that etc.

Get the laptop done first.
I’ll be doing the laptop tomorrow. I’m just mapping out the locations for mounting etc right now. Harness won’t go in car until motor is back in.

Reactions: kjb302ho

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
I’ll be doing the laptop tomorrow. I’m just mapping out the locations for mounting etc right now. Harness won’t go in car until motor is back in.
to be honest, I would do the harness while its out of the car. so much more working room with a big 351w block out of the way. especially running the harness through the firewall on the passenger side.

·
Registered
1989 GT
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
to be honest, I would do the harness while its out of the car. so much more working room with a big 351w block out of the way. especially running the harness through the firewall on the passenger side.
I’m pulling the old harness out before the motor goes in. I don’t have AC or anything else installed right now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Most fun part is feeding through the firewall (I dunno if the SN's have less room than a fox, but there wasn't much space w/ the HVAC box installed). Instructions recommend a second set of hands - beg/borrow/steal a pair. Would have saved me a lot of cussing/frustration.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts