Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I’ve finally decided to take the time and start my build thread! I bought the car a couple years back now and with the exception of the Magnaflow High Flow Cats and crappy exhaust tip/muffler things, it was completely bone stock with 140k miles. Codename “Stalker” she is a 1995 Cobra Convertible, number 54 of 1003. Car came with every factory option available in ’95 along with dealer installed 3.55 rear gears instead of the factory 3.08.

Most of what’s done so far is just basic bolt on items. Once the rest of the engine pieces come in I can put her together and work on getting her done.

Build list is: 408w Stroker

351w F4TE Roller Block bored .030
Eagle Forged Rotating Assembly (+22cc Dish Pistons, Internal Balance, 8.85:1 Compression)
Ed Curtis custom cam
AFR 185s 72cc
GT40 Lower Intake
Kenne Bell Blowzilla/Flowzilla 2.2L Supercharger
Comp Cams 1.6 Roller Rockers
Link bar roller Lifters
Meziere's electric water pump
MSD Distributor, Coil, Ignition Box
160lb Injectors
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
ATI Aluminum Harmonic Balancer
T56 Magnum Trans
Griffin Aluminum Radiator
Canton Aluminum Expansion Tank
P/S & A/C Delete

Bone Stock, the day I bought her.

Very first mod! (Swapped the horse for a Cobra emblem)

BBK CAI

Exhaust (Single Chamber Flowmasters)

Underdrive Pulleys

Driveshaft Loop

Battery Relocation

Stereo (Kenwood 7” Double Din DVD w/ Nav)

Hood (VFN 5” Extended Cowl Cobra R)

New Engine (Forgot to take pictures of machined block, will update with more pics!)

Old Engine

Heads (AFR 185’s)

Intake (GT-40 351w w/ Box Upper)

Wheels (American Racing Torq Thrust M)

Radiator & Expansion Tank (Griffin & Canton)

Interior (Swapped to a 98 Console w/ Cup Holders & 01 Double Din Bezel)

Exterior

Export Fender Flares (Not my car but will look like that)

Halo Projector with HID

Roush Side Skirts (On their way via FedEx)

Lots more to follow over the next few weeks. Thanks for taking a peek!

-Derek

Special thanks to:
Dad – Engine & Transmission Builder
Brother – Fabricator
SNAKEBIT95 – Mezieres Water Pump & Griffin Radiator
Want2GoFaster – Export Fender Flares
sdmustangs – Helped find Roush Side Skirts
Moody’s 97 Vobra – Cobra stamped rear bumper
Crock – QuarterHorse Chip
giddyup90gt – DBX MAF
cgarray17 – TFS 75mm Elbow
95GTV? – AFR 185 Heads

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally able to mount all the wheels and tires. Fronts had to be replaced cuz the tire shop nicked the sh*t outta them when installing the tires.

Fronts are 18x9 with 275/35ZR18
Rears are 18x10 with 305/35ZR18

Car needs to be lowered bad now though.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
x2 on the lowering. Looks good other than that. Those wheels remind me of the old et2 magnesium rims I had on my 67 GTO.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man, definitely gonna lower it but I'm going to be doing the whole suspension and going coil-over so no reason to do it just yet.

Got a few goodies in today.

Roush Side Exhaust Skirts

Headlights finally installed (been sitting in the box for 2 weeks after a quick mach up)

QuarterHorse Chip

And a couple more shots of the wheels and tires I installed last week.

Hopefully I'll have time over the next week or so to install the Roush Side Skirts and the Export Fender Flares. I think they are really going to change the look of the car.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Grabbed some pictures of the block while I was at the shop. It was machined a few months ago and been sitting waiting for time and funds to come together. Nearly there though. It's a stock F4TE Roller from a '97.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Was able to spend a good bit of time working on the car today. Thanks to my brother and all of his help along with one of my buddies, car looks great.

Took it to the shop to accomplish a few things.

First thing to be done was drop my exhaust. (Now for sale if anybody is interested. Custom made catless (yes it looks like there are cats :p) off road H piped side exit exhaust with flowmaster single chamber 10 series. Loud as f*ck.)

Next step was to install my Roush Side Skirts (thanks again sdmustangs) and put up a factory catted exhaust, custom bent to exit the side skirt. (Time for smog, gotta love Cali baby!) Please excuse the sh*tty pipes sticking out with no tips, only on there for smog purposes.

The skirts had been screwed in to the previous car, which is complete #### for somebody to do that, but the car will be painted in a few months and I'll have all that covered and painted so you'd never know. Used the factory end caps and 3M double sided sticky tape to apply to the car is it was supposed to have been mounted from factory.

Last thing to be done today was cut the export fender flares to fit with the side skirts and install. (Thank you Bob.) Each flare had to be cut somewhere around 4 inches or so to butt up against the top of the side skirt and mount flush and correctly.

They side skirts and fender flares fit perfect together once the flares were cut. They are matched up and fit all of the body curves correctly.

Also, I hadn't taken any pictures of the car during the day with the new headlights installed, so I took a few.

Cobra stamped rear bumper is on the way, and that'll be the next install, then I'll go get her smogged and pull the front bumper and get ready to install a Cervinis Cobra R bumper. May be a week or so until I have another update.

-Derek

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's been a little longer than I would have liked for an update, but finally back on here with a couple of things done. Blew a head gasket just barely weeks before I needed to get her smogged so I can go forward with the 408 swap. Decided best thing to do was take the time and change the damn thing. Was trying to get it done so I didn't take many pictures, and the few that I did ended up being kinda crap quality, but nonetheless...

Buddy and myself did it on a Saturday, wasn't too bad. I went and got her smogged on Wednesday last week and everything went smooth. Now I'm free and clear to build and drop the new motor in in just a couple more weeks!

It took nearly a month to get this damn bumper from TN to CA via Greyhound, but it arrived safely. I didn't care about how long it took honestly, was just glad to have one on the way. Thanks to Moody's 97 Vobra for all of his help getting it to me. Was important for my true Cobra project to have a proper rear bumper.

It was rather quick getting it installed, although my battery box was in the way of 2 of the bolts in the trunk, had to disconnect everything and get it moved out of the way, added to the removal and install time.

And just a couple parts I've got in waiting to go onto the new engine

Fidanza 0/28/50oz 13.5lb Aluminum Flywheel

ATI Aluminum Harmonic Balancer

I'm looking at about another 4 weeks before the rest of the engine parts are ordered up, then I'll have some real photos to check out.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the kind words svt99cobra.

I know it's been a few months since I've done an update. Been dealing with a lot of doctors and having back procedures done which has kept me MIA for a bit. Still slowly working on the Cobra.

I've installed my black grille and retained my Cobra emblem. I also purchased a Cobra R spoiler from a member here (thanks MustangResource) and installed that. I also ordered my Cervini's Cobra R front bumper and fog lights. Those were shipped out and should be here later this week, and will be going for an install next week, so more pictures of that to come. Anyhow, here are some pictures of the car with the grille and spoiler installed. Some may not like the look of the 00R Spoiler, and it's just everybody's different taste, but for myself, I love the look and wanted one. I couldn't find many 94-98 SN95's with these spoilers or pictures to actually compare, as most are on the 99-04's but needless to say, once I got it installed, I think it's even better than I was hoping for.

That's it until I get the Cobra R bumper in, and once I get that installed I'll take some pictures to share with you guys. As for the engine, it's still a slow process, but now that the exterior will be done, all the focus will be going into that.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yet again, it's been a while since my last update. Been extremely busy with this semester, but the car has still been getting work done on her. I installed my Cobra R front bumper, got my crank, rods, and pistons for the 408, ordered my Ed Curtis custom cam, got a set of rockers, but my favorite part, purchased my Kenne Bell Supercharger. The S/C is for the new engine, but since that won't be being installed until early next year, I decided not to let it sit around, and installed it onto the stock Cobra engine.

Cobra R Front Bumper

Stock Intake

Kenne Bell Supercharger

F4TE mounted on the stand, getting ready to be built.

Eagle 4.000" Forged Stroker Crank

Eagle 6.200" Forged H Beams

Wiseco -22cc Dished Forged Pistons

Only a few more parts left on the list to purchase, but I've got all of the short block items so I plan to be begin building sometime next month before X-mas.

Hopefully some engine building pictures to follow soon!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's been far too long since I've updated my build thread, but not for lack of her getting lots of work! She's got new interior with a 10 point cage, new fuel system, and the KB blown 408 w/ nitrous is built and will be installed soon. Prepare for pictures!

Engine

Interior

1 - 12 of 12 Posts