Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a nice 80mm pro-m used and it has a giant flange so I can't use it. What are you guys using, and did it create any idle issues, etc?

Thanks, Al

·
Registered
484 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Have an 80mm C&L on mine and haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Univer - though I had alot of problems getting it perfect from bad cal's - I think its about right now...

peace

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
gkscobra said:
I just ordered my p-1sc at my local shop and i asked about the maf so he made a phone call and they told him to run my stock maf, does this sound right?
I think you should check the body temp of the tech that told you that and make sure he is still alive. :eek:

#1 The stock MAF will be agonizing to get to idle properly.

#2 Even if you can get it to idle, it will peg way before you get to red line.

#3 That is way to much "fixing" for the ECU to do to make the MAF conversion work right with the big a55 injectors that you are going to need.

#4 Who is going to do the tune for your car cause he is going to get rich with all the time he will have to put into it to make it run right.

Trust the people who have been there and done that. Get the Univer now and save the headaches and wasted money. Or get it later :D It's that simple, one way or the other you'll probably end up with the Univer. ;)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Cheapest.

Who sells the universal Pro M mass air meters for the best price? Somebody please let me know.

Thanks, Brad.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I got mine direct from Pro-M for $299 if I remember correctly.
Takes them a week or so to calibrate it and all that jazz. Thier service is OK, but they are a little slow.
Also check with Morpheous, I think they sell Pro-M now also.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
lotsaspray said:
I got mine direct from Pro-M for $299 if I remember correctly.
Takes them a week or so to calibrate it and all that jazz. Thier service is OK, but they are a little slow.
Also check with Morpheous, I think they sell Pro-M now also.
You lucky dog you - I paid $399 from Pro-M Directly. I got it 2 days later though...

peace

·
Registered
138 Posts
lotsaspray said:
I think you should check the body temp of the tech that told you that and make sure he is still alive. :eek:

#1 The stock MAF will be agonizing to get to idle properly.

#2 Even if you can get it to idle, it will peg way before you get to red line.

#3 That is way to much "fixing" for the ECU to do to make the MAF conversion work right with the big a55 injectors that you are going to need.

#4 Who is going to do the tune for your car cause he is going to get rich with all the time he will have to put into it to make it run right.

Trust the people who have been there and done that. Get the Univer now and save the headaches and wasted money. Or get it later :D It's that simple, one way or the other you'll probably end up with the Univer. ;)
I wish i would have know this before i ordered it because there programing the chip to work with my car 42lb injectors, stock MAF, 410 gear. I don't know why they would tell me the stock MAF would work.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
It will 'work' - but it will run pig-rich. ATI sets all their chips up on the rich side - its meant to get you safely to a dyno-tune session. They can compensate for a stock MAF using the Transfer function through the chip. It will be very rich though.

peace

1 - 14 of 14 Posts