Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I put a walbro TU229HP pump in my car a couple of weeks back and since then I have a kind of engine cutting out problem when I rev the motor out. Now if I drive normal, grannie shift or I power shift the car it won't do it, it will only do it if lift of the gas and do a so called quick shift above the 5000 rpm area. I figured that I maybe needed a tune for the car but then found out that I have a tune already on it, so I then thought that maybe the tune just didn't like the pumps extra volume of fuel and needed to get it retuned which would require me to reinstall a factory tune. Since I didn't have the original tuner and the guy I bought it from didn't know anything about cars I went to the dealer so that they could reflash the ECM to factory specs so that I could install the diablo tuner that I recently aquired. After the reflash the car ran like crap so when I got home I installed the predator and it acts better but ain't what it was. I'm kind of stumped now cause under 2500 it feels like has a hesitation but then clears up after that, but I'm still stuck with the original problem. It almost feels like the engines getting to much fuel at that point when it stumbles but I'm not sure at all. Sorry about the long drawn out post but I'm just kind of scratching my head trying to think of what to do next. Thanks :confused:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.