Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver side window motor will not disengage when the window reaches the top unless I take my finger off the switch(it's suppose to cut off automatically when it reaches the top). When rolling down using the "one touch" the motor will not disengage unless I touch the "up" button. The passenger side doesn't have a one touch relay, and it works fine, the motor disengages even if you continue to hold the button in the up or down position once the window reaches the top or bottom.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Guessing: You might have gotten some water on the contacts and maybe you need to spray some contact cleaner on them to dissipate the moisture. My old lady's Lumina does something similiar to your problem and won't go down at all when the panel gets some moisture on it. Just a guess, but its a start. Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It sounds like your switches and one touch module are doing their part but your motor is not sensing the resistance of the window being either fully up or fully down and is continuing to tryin' move the window in that direction. Look at it this way, on a properly operating system, if the window is fully up and you press the switch in the up position, power will still be applied through the motor but nothing will happen because the motor "senses" the resistance from the regulator. Now don't take this as gospel. Things like this are hard to diagnosis on the web, and Ford doesn't have a pin-point test for this particular concern. But I'd like to see you get a known good motor in there to see if that fixes it. And just maybe you can use the one from your passenger door. I think they are the same. Something to try if your strapped for cash and have the spare time. Good luck

·
Registered
417 Posts
You need to replace the window regulator, this happened to me awhile back on my 97 cobra. The regulator is the metal frame and gearing that move the window. It's not all that difficult to replace, and I think I paid around $100 for the part from the dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts