Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SoI bought this 89 convertible. Has a 408w with a t56 magnum. NA. It also has the pro m efi. I didn’t get no instruction manual that I can look over and change things to my liking with the efi system. I have a nx system that’s going to be going into the car.

so let’s start. First time I messaged Chris I asked him about the supplement harness. He said yes we have them in stock than I figured out I don’t need it to control the progressive nitrous control so I did not purchase it because of my application. I than asked him last night over email this question.

(Last Night) ME
Hey, I have you efi system in my 89 Foxbody. I lost all my instructions. I need the instructions for the installation of the system and the instructions for the nitrous wiring with the high current driver. I want to manual (with on off switch) activate the system. Thanks!!!

(Chris pro m efi) CHRIS
There are three possibilities:

1) Continue with the old software, and send me the name of the original
purchaser so I can forward his information to you.

2) You could contact the original purchaser yourself and have them
forward it to you.

3) The best option... Install the supplemental harness you've been
asking me about, use the new calibration tool and all the instructions
will be contained in the new tool. You really should just get this
overwith...

I do not want the supplemental harness at this point. It’s not in my budget and I don’t really need it for my application. I just asked him for the instructions which he can send over email fairly easy in a pdf. I don’t see why he couldn’t just send them over instead of his smart ass answer. He’s basically saying if your not the original purchaser you can F off lol. This is ridiculous. Anyone have the instruction manual for the complete system and how to wire the high current driver with a manual toggle switch that you can send over that would be great! Really close to ripping it out and slapping in a Holley.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
you didn't get no instruction manual? sheeettt son that be no good. I believe that the old you tune program, which you have is no longer supported. you would have to contact the previous owner for the file. option #1....

or upgrade to the supplemental which, I can tell you first hand, is worth the price.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have the tune loaded up on my laptop everything is fine. Just looking for the instruction manual for the system and the nitrous control. So I can double check the previous owners work and confirm 100% everything so good to go.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Feels like there is more to the story and the exchange. But I can also understand your frustration. It sounds like you are asking for two things. Instruction manual (which he sounds willing to provide) and other wiring that may or may not be in that manual.

So...I agree Option 1. You have the name of the guy you bought it from right? Send that over. I'm not sure what you expect.

Sounds like he'll assist with what you have, but not give free info for something new. Not unreasonable. He is in business to sell stuff and make money after all. But that last line of option 3 is telling. he's getting frustrated with you. Should he? Probably not. But looks like he is and that's why I think there is more to the story.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Isn't the manual/install instructions under the help section of the old software, like it is with the new software(Insight)?

·
Registered
Just a stock 302....
411 Posts
you didn't get no instruction manual? sheeettt son that be no good. I believe that the old you tune program, which you have is no longer supported. you would have to contact the previous owner for the file. option #1....

or upgrade to the supplemental which, I can tell you first hand, is worth the price.

That was so damn funny lmao.

I like how when someone is inflamed with Chris on these forums all of us pro-m user step in with additional cans of gasoline....

PRO-M efi users are like a gang stangbanger and you haven't been jumped yet

So...

·
Registered
Just a stock 302....
411 Posts
93stang is correct.

The instructions are in the application promefi.exe when you run the exe, one would think that it should search for new instructions right?. But you wouldn't want newer windows 11 instructions downloaded on a windows 7 computer because so many things have changed.

that's is why chris is giving you options.

Hope that helps.

oh and welcome to the pro-m efi club.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I talked to tech about COP setup and I was informed that I would need a complete new harness to put coil packs and that would obviously not need me to spend money on the supplemental harness. The harness and cop kit is 1500. I live in Canada so that’s about 2K Canadian after shipping. So that’s why I don’t want the supplemental harness at this point rather do it next year at one shot and get it over with.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I talked to tech about COP setup and I was informed that I would need a complete new harness to put coil packs and that would obviously not need me to spend money on the supplemental harness. The harness and cop kit is 1500. I live in Canada so that’s about 2K Canadian after shipping. So that’s why I don’t want the supplemental harness at this point rather do it next year at one shot and get it over with.
info needed in earlier posts before hitting the bash button.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I like how often we see posts here at the Corral where as soon as a vendor/supplier/engine builder/aftermarket EFI system supplier does not kiss the ass of someone and give them everything they want, we see a "drag the business through the mud" post.
OH MY GOD!!! Chris did not IMMEDIATLY stroke me, so he has the WORST customer service EVAR!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts