Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I am getting ready to do a few mods to get ready for the shootout and other races this summer! One of these mods is Longtube headers and I was planning on the Hooker Headers from SHM. The problem is according to SHM Holley is telling them 2 weeks for the headers for the Cobra's - however, have been telling SHM 2 weeks for the past 10 weeks!!! :(

My delima is do I a) wait for the headers to be available or b) purchase another brand which the only 2 I know of are either MAC or BBK?? What would you guys recommend??

Thanks guys!! :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Do some searches on long tubes and BBK. I seem to remember several Cobra owners claiming oil consumption problems with the BBK long tubes. As far as MAC goes, I wouldn't put any of their products on my car. Too many quality issues.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply man but based on that it appears I am going to have to wait it out!! :( I have heard bad things about the MAC LT's as well but according to Stangnet's reviews the BBK's got REALLY good reviews!! :rolleyes:

The problem really is that I REALLY want the Hooker Headers, however, am a VERY impatient person and don't want to be sitting here for like a month waiting on those headers ya know!! Most likely I will end up waiting but I wanted to see what others would do!!

Thanks again:)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
i wouldn't wait that long. i would just order them from somewhere else even if i had to spend a little more.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yep. I'm patiently waiting for my headswap kit. Next year I will probably do the l/t's and most likely Hooker. I will need a good catted X or H that might have to be custom made too. I hope by next year, Hooker makes a pipe with cats.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
superGT99 said:
i wouldn't wait that long. i would just order them from somewhere else even if i had to spend a little more.
What do you mean order them from somewhere else?? The Hooker LT's for 99+ Cobra's are not available anywhere according to what I have heard . . . . do you mean buy another brand??

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
The Hooker LT's are well worth the time. They are, arguably, the best LT's for Stangs. Mrvax isn't the only one who heard about other lower quality LT's. I recommend the ceramic coated headers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts