Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car back.. the shop it was at it telling me because of my cam (TFS Stage 3 with 1.7's is .618/.632 lift) it is why my idle goes from like 1200 to 2k back to 1200 then to 2k then back down to idle at 1k. Also sometimes it hangs for awhile at 2k or a little more. Any suggestions? I havent cleaned my 10 pin connectors... going to do it now. But was wondering if the i cleaned the mass air sensor would that maybe help to?? Its the C&L 76mm with K&N filter on it.. heard the filter sometimes messes up the mass air sensor. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Borrow somebodys stock air box with the rubber hoses and see that will help or swap out the MAF for a Pro-M. I heard alot bad things about C & L. I though with a custom chip you could fix idle problems....I guess not...should of got a Tweecer RT for a little bit more money.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea well i needed it done by next weekend thats why i did the tune and everything... prolly sometime in september or october ill be buying the Tweecer so that i can tune it for the new injectors. With a custom chip do i need to get it reburned if i add the Pro-M?

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Normally the idle surge is because of a too rich idle. Try unplugging the hose between the oil filler neck and the TB, capping it off on the TB side. This helped mine until I got a tweecer. You can use tape to cap off the TB port in a pinch, it's not under vacuum.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just did that... defintaly not as bad now... i couldnt get my 10 pin connectors disconnected, the black one i did and i made them to connect better. But the white one i couldnt get apart because there isnt enough slack in the wire to bring it far enough up. I reset the computer as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts