Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After thinking long and hard about it, I'll probably order the MM standard TA either today or Monday (maybe tomarrow even). I really don't think that I'll need the heavy duty TA due to the current power output of my car and also due the the higher price of the HD version over the std one. I'm waiting on www.musclemotors.com to call me back with a price quote on the TA and the TA specific springs. The popping in the rear end from that right upper torque box going out has gotten worse over the past couple of weeks and I've also noticed a little bit of rear steer when accelerating. I made a killing on my last paycheck and should be able to cover the complete cost of the TA and the springs w/o any problem. As for the install, I plan doing that myself with the help of a freind. I looked at the instructions on the MM website and if anyone has any tipps to make the install easier, please let me know.

Thanks, Flip.

·
Registered
160 Posts
have you considered the steeda 5-link. Steeda makes a pretty good argument for it on their website.

·
Registered
666 Posts
well be prepared for a new catback if you're going 5-link- it simply won't work with tailpipes so you need dumps or sidepipes. MM's setup comes close but still allows tailpipes. I hear some people have to tweak their pipes a bit, but get 'em to fit ok in the end.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to pass on the TA for now

6 months ago I took my car to a local muffler shop to adapt my MAC tail pipes to work with my PHB. The did a good job getting it all tucked up in there. I was haveing this problen though. When ever the car would go through a dip or over something that would cause the rear suspension to compress, the rear axle would smack the passenger side tail pipe. I said to hell with it and took my car back to the same muffler shop to have dumps put back on. Do ya'll remember when I was posting about my mechanic informing me that torque box going out? Well, I decided to have a look and see for myself while the car was on their lift. As it turns out, the passenger side UCA was loose. The guys at the muffler shop were kind enough to lend me the tools to tighten it up while the car was up on the lift. Problem solved:joy: . I don't see the need to spend the money right now for a TA since the torque box isn't going out. My car handles well enough, that it pretty much can do anything I need it to.

Thanks, Flip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts