Ford Mustang Forums banner
101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Chris Richards just spent a lot of time with me on a Sunday helping me set up the drivers on my new laptop. Anyone who says his customer service is otherwise is only telling half the story.
I feel like there are a handful of you on here that have a good rapport with Chris and typically receive better Customer Service over others. My cousin and I have both had good and bad experiences with Chris. My cousin was having troubles installing drivers on his computer and he responded with "find someone who knows computers". I was helping my cousin at the time and I work in the IT field. :(

With that being said, when I ordered my new wiring harness online. He took the time to call me to verify my setup before shipping everything. As it turned out, I didn't have everything I needed so I appreciated the call. That phone call definitely avoided future frustrations.

In my opinion if he thinks or feels you didn't thoroughly research/troubleshoot your issue before reaching out to him then he can tend to be short with you. That's just been my experience.

Reactions: kjb302ho

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I feel like there are a handful of you on here that have a good rapport with Chris and typically receive better Customer Service over others. My cousin and I have both had good and bad experiences with Chris. My cousin was having troubles installing drivers on his computer and he responded with "find someone who knows computers". I was helping my cousin at the time and I work in the IT field. :(

With that being said, when I ordered my new wiring harness online. He took the time to call me to verify my setup before shipping everything. As it turned out, I didn't have everything I needed so I appreciated the call. That phone call definitely avoided future frustrations.

In my opinion if he thinks or feels you didn't thoroughly research/troubleshoot your issue before reaching out to him then he can tend to be short with you. That's just been my experience.
not saying you aren't telling the whole story, but ive been dealing with him for 6 years. Ive learned a lot from him and one of those being one chef in the kitchen.

I think there is more to that story than just that remark. but thats just my opinion. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I think there is more to that story than just that remark. but thats just my opinion. I could be wrong.
there are always three sides to any story, but not everybody can have a positive interaction every time and not everybody speaks the same language.

in general I have always gotten a lot of help on issues with the system, but one or two items fall through the cracks. For whatever reason, I still have an automatic that hates being in neutral and stalls from time to time going into gear. Some think it is mechanical, some think it is electronics. I have learned to live with it as I have nearly exhausted the mechanical options.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
there are always three sides to any story, but not everybody can have a positive interaction every time and not everybody speaks the same language.

in general I have always gotten a lot of help on issues with the system, but one or two items fall through the cracks. For whatever reason, I still have an automatic that hates being in neutral and stalls from time to time going into gear. Some think it is mechanical, some think it is electronics. I have learned to live with it as I have nearly exhausted the mechanical options.
i wish i had more experience with the automatic transmission function of the pro m. there is another pro m user, turbolxstang, who has a 4r70w/427tt. He might provide some help.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I can reach out I suppose.

I have had this trans pulled once and looked over by circle D and given a clean bill of health, I have had circle D look over the converter with a clean bill of health, and most recently I had the trans rebuilt by a local shop and they did not find any issues. Yet, the car goes crazy in neutral and will almost stall 20% of the time when going into gear.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
The only reason I am mentioning this is because of what one of the earlier posters mentioned. I did not have this stalling problem with the old version of software and a Bauman controller. I upgraded to Pro-M controls as on paper it makes complete sense. For whatever reason, in my application there is some issue and I am still not sure which side of the fence it is on. My trans does have some shift modifications and a beefy converter, but I was hoping to be able to have the tune accommodate these pretty standard modifications. Chris did spend some time with me on all of this and ended up concluding that it was mechanical and that is why I got the trans rebuilt. Problem is still there and I have not had the time or energy to pursue it any further.

·
Registered
Just a stock 302....
411 Posts
And by dumbass I mean I kept asking questions that clearly was in the Instructions. After about a dozen questions I realized I just needed to stfu and just read. Once I did that I stopped wasting chris time and we had some good times on the phone / email with REAL issues he helped me fix up easily.

If your new to this type of stuff. and dont know anything about anything in mustangs I'm telling g you pro-m is right up your alley. Just read the Instructions a 13 year old can do it np and pro-m will help you so long as your able to follow instructions.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts