Ford Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Please call me Mike
1,620 Posts
Zeitronix wideband controller option, or the original option to retain standard narrow band O2 sensors. Then I’ll buy the system. EGR control would also be nice.
you can use Zeitronix widebands. Chris can send you a calibration file. You can use narrowband controllers, but why would you want to. EGR, it wont do that.

·
Registered
Just a stock 302....
411 Posts
CHRIS.

Please add a screen capture feature. With the ability to record at at least 30fps.

That way, a user can open the pot box or working-page and do a 3rd or 4th gear pull out on a safe non american / international highway. Then go back & rewatch their spark adv so they know where to make changes...

Or so people can post their cool gauges during their runs at the drag strip.

This would:
A: provide huge value to the end user
B: provide a tool users would use to promote your product by showing off their drag strip run data to youtube / forums.

Edit: Man... Pro-M is fast and efficient!

They seem to have implemented the complex series of codes which was my brilliant idea rather quickly..

Heck, Chris even somehow managed to fully document this "new" idea of mine within minutes of my post inside the insight manual on page 26.

·
Registered
488 Posts
CHRIS.

Please add a screen capture feature. With the ability to record at at least 30fps.

That way, a user can open the pot box or working-page and do a 3rd or 4th gear pull out on a safe non american / international highway. Then go back & rewatch their spark adv so they know where to make changes...

Or so people can post their cool gauges during their runs at the drag strip.

This would:
A: provide huge value to the end user
B: provide a tool users would use to promote your product by showing off their drag strip run data to youtube / forums.

Edit: Man... Pro-M is fast and efficient!

They seem to have implemented the complex series of codes which was my brilliant idea rather quickly..

Heck, Chris even somehow managed to fully document this "new" idea of mine within minutes of my post inside the insight manual on page 26.

um…. I know whose idea it was.

·
Premium Member
5,988 Posts
Hey Foot Hill,
I have a favor to ask of you. Could you keep a running list of all the suggestions (wish list ideas) and I'll send you an update periodically as to the validity of the suggestion and then you can update the list by crossing out that suggestion from the list?

Example of what I'm suggesting
  • Able to switch between two tunes just using a toggle switch
  • Data logging without a laptop
  • Support e4od transmissions
  • Datalog ALL parameters by default.
  • Pro-M actually listens to its users! (Just kidding)
  • Downloaded a handful of premade workspaces for users
Thanks
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
Just a stock 302....
411 Posts
I just started a thread about using dakota digital with pro-m. Everything works great. But when I want to tune, I have no dash.

My wish list would be an obd2 splitter to run two obd2 connections at the same time. (If possible)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I just started a thread about using dakota digital with pro-m. Everything works great. But when I want to tune, I have no dash.

My wish list would be an obd2 splitter to run two obd2 connections at the same time. (If possible)
Have you tried using a standard OBD2 splitter and see if it works? I use one on my diesel ram to split the OBD2 port so I can run a tuner and my automatic steps, works fine. They are fairly cheap on Amazon and if it didn't work for some reason you could always send it back for a refund.

·
Registered
1965 fastback 347 hci v3-si Pro M efi. Tko600 3:55
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Pro M running wish list
  • Able to switch between two tunes just using a toggle switch
  • Data logging without a laptop
  • Support e4od transmissions
  • Datalog ALL parameters by default.
  • Pro-M actually listens to its users! (Just kidding)
  • Downloaded a handful of premade workspaces for users
  • Dual bank knock sensors
  • Wide band O2 controller built into PCM
  • Ability to control other auto transmissions such as 6R 80 and 10r80
  • Ability to disable injectors or coils from laptop
  • cylinder balance test
  • For NOS fuel enrichment through injectors (dry system)
  • Timing sweep for tuning (could be used in conjunction with knock sensors)
  • Handful of custom 0 to 5 V channels (ability to log any of these)
  • Front wheel speed sensor (could be used for traction control)
  • Phone app integration
  • EGR control
  • Screen capture feature with ability to record at least 30 FPS
  • Don’t be shy…Keep them coming 😎

·
Registered
94 Posts
Make the wideband/UEGO oxygen sensor transfer function visible (like the old system) and able to be edited by the end user.
Yes This..

Also more configuration access like the older software had. I do like the newer software better than the previous but did notice very limited configuration access to certain things in the calibrations section which was there before.
Even if the advanced level is selected.

·
Premium Member
5,988 Posts
Yes This..

Also more configuration access like the older software had. I do like the newer software better than the previous but did notice very limited configuration access to certain things in the calibrations section which was there before.
Even if the advanced level is selected.
You need to document exactly which access you're talking about and then I can make a case for it when I talk to Chris Richards.

Thanks
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
94 Posts
You need to document exactly which access you're talking about and then I can make a case for it when I talk to Chris Richards.

Thanks
Michael Plummer
Won't ask for much (hopefully)... but as mentioned by Jim, bring back the ability for the end user to edit the wideband/UEGO oxygen sensor transfer function. The older U-Tune software shown.
Computer Light Rectangle Font Slope

With the new Insight software, this feature now has to be edited by Pro-M only which before the user could have done themselves.

Also the "PCM Power" is now removed from the calibration section which was accessible before. The user had the ability to raise or lower the upper limits, but that also now has to be edited by Pro-M only.
Rectangle Font Computer Screenshot Software

·
Premium Member
5,988 Posts
Won't ask for much (hopefully)... but as mentioned by Jim, bring back the ability for the end user to edit the wideband/UEGO oxygen sensor transfer function. The older U-Tune software shown.
View attachment 1084903
With the new Insight software, this feature now has to be edited by Pro-M only which before the user could have done themselves.

Also the "PCM Power" is now removed from the calibration section which was accessible before. The user had the ability to raise or lower the upper limits, but that also now has to be edited by Pro-M only.
View attachment 1084904
Hey Franky P,
The wideband transfer function is coming: It's my personal feeling that Pro-M feels giving people access to this function will result in more "what's wrong with your system troubleshooting phone calls" because someone's car doesn't run right because they entered the data in incorrectly. If more technical phone calls are generated from unlocking this calibration don't be surprised if it gets locked again.

I believe the PCM_PWR is found under sensors in Insight. But honestly, nothing in that configuration should be messed with.

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey Franky P,
The wideband transfer function is coming: It's my personal feeling that Pro-M feels giving people access to this function will result in more "what's wrong with your system troubleshooting phone calls" because someone's car doesn't run right because they entered the data in incorrectly. If more technical phone calls are generated from unlocking this calibration don't be surprised if it gets locked again.

I believe the PCM_PWR is found under sensors in Insight. But honestly, nothing in that configuration should be messed with.

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer
Mike, thank you for your efforts.
It can very well be because of what you're thinking regarding the transfer function. If that's the case I can see that being an annoying issue for Pro-M (and probably have been), but also may not be an issue with all users.

Yes, the PCM power was usually found under the sensors tab like you mentioned but when the switch to Insight was made it wasn't there anymore. I went searching for it under different tabs but couldn't find it.

Most users will not need to touch anything in the PCM power configuration but in my case I always had to keep the upper limit at 15.5V. If I don't eventually the PCM will throw a 2509 code (PCM power intermittent). I troubleshooted this for quite some time in the past having voltage regulators checked on my current and back-up alternator, reinstalling the factory alternator harness, checking other wiring and even experimented with different sized alternator pulleys (just for ha ha's). Come to find out the 2509 code only appeared randomly on cold start-ups. After viewing the PCM power during cold starts the voltage initially starts out on the high side at 14.8V-15V but does occasionally bump a little higher to 15.1V to 15.2V. When the PCM saw over 15V enough times it threw the 2509. After reaching operating temperature voltage levels out to 13.8V to 14.3V.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts