Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all... Need help on deciding which MAF to get, Pro-M 77 or 75mm blow-thru for my setup. I just ordered a 70mm BBK throttle body, 30# injectors, 1.7 rockers, and some new valve springs for my setup---motor has 83,000 miles on it. See signature for stuff that's already done to car. Also, with the 30# injectors, what ratio should my FMU be at? (I don't know what the current setup even is on that...)

Thanks all...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
originally posted by slow:with 30#'s, why not ditch the FMU, and get it tuned without it?
For lack of any good tuners in the area. (I could be wrong but there is no Larocca's around here unfortunately....) Even with 30's I'd still need the FMU, right?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
slow said:
with 30#'s, why not ditch the FMU, and get it tuned without it?

Ryan.
I was thinking the same thing.

You would probably benefit from the larger meter. The two styles are totally different. The Bullet looks similar to the stocker MAF without the post and the Pro-M is just physically bigger and it has the sample tube stuck way out into the air filter. The difference is more than just 2mm.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
1FUN50GT said:

For lack of any good tuners in the area. (I could be wrong but there is no Larocca's around here unfortunately....) Even with 30's I'd still need the FMU, right?
I'm only half way joking when I say it sounds like the makings of a fun road trip to Detroit or wherever the closest tuner is...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would love to have the car tuned properly---just don't know where I'd take it. Plus it'll take time & money to that. (but then what doesn't cost money?!?!) Seriously though, is it worth the extra $200 for the 77mm?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.