Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any differences between a Pro-M 77mm MAF for a Fox Body and an SN-95? If so, what are they?

How much does it cost get one of these recalibrated?

Thanks for the help.

Jay

·
Registered
889 Posts
I recently talked w/a rep at Pro-M about this...you're best bet would be to either talk to them (try talking to a Tech rep, not a sales rep) or someone that you trust that can personally confirm that they are interchangeable (as far as function goes).

I know the Pro-M 77's come w/a filter attached to 'em...I think this is consistent on both fox and sn95 models....so the cosmetics are somewhat similar. I believe the electronics DO have different calibration values though, as they read to and from 2 different computers (fox comp. and sn95 comp. are different)...so you're best bet is probably to get one that is for your specific app. Pro-M's site has some information that might be of use to...www.pro-flow.com. Are you going to be trying this w/your cold air kit?...if so I don't believe they offer the Pro-M 77 w/the 4 bolt flange pattern that you'll need.

Don't take this in stone though, definitely got other opinions on the matter, and anyone please feel free to correct me where I'm wrong...good luck man.

·
Registered
389 Posts
my pro-m 77 just says 77-shrt...i have no idea what year car its for ..all i know is it runs a hell of a lot better with it.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I think the "shrt" means "short" and is one that is made for a supercharger.

The Fox style Pro-M's come with an inlet pipe and that will not work on your car since the intakes are different.

I don't know of any calibration differences. I thought that there wasn't any difference at the MAF, but I may be wrong.

If you have a 93 or earlier style one that you can try out, do it and see if it works. The upgraded MAF has been the best kick in the pants that I have done yet to my car.

·
Registered
389 Posts
it seems odd to me that the 77-shrt would be for supersharged cars because its calibrated for #19's which pro-m doesnt recommend for use with blowers at all....but i did buy it used so who the hell knows.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Don't quote me but the outlet on a fox 77mm is 3" and the sn95 is 4" to fit the stock intake tube.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called Pro-M yesterday. One of the tech representatives told me that a meter from a 92 mustang can be reprogrammed to work with a 95 computer and he assured me that when I send it to be recalibrated ($100 plus shipping both ways), they will not send it back until it works.

As far as the size of the inlet hose to the throttle body, he seemed to not really know off the top of his head. Anyone else have info on the size of this, whether it is different between years?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Jay,

I have this meter on mine. I had a left over rubber bushing to place over the end of it to fit my tubing (came from a K&N FIPK).

This meter wouldnt run on mine until I used the tweecer on it.

btw... when/if you get it back from prom... would you mind sending me the calibration flow numbers? the ones I have are far enough off for my cobra that my addaptive is full lean on it..

let me know if you have any other questions..

·
Registered
742 Posts
I bought the "Long" Pro-M 77mm calibrated for 24# injectors from a guy locally here in Dallas for my car. He had a blown Fox Body and the meter seems to be working fine on mine but I haven't had a chance to take it on a any kind of road trip around town. But it's idling and running around the parking lot a hell of a lot better than my old C&L 73mm MAF was. I would think it would work and have no idea why Pro-M would have to recalibrate it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jose, The reason why I need it recalibrated is because right now it is calibrated for 19# injectors and I have 24# injectors, and the guy at Pro-M that I talked to said that it should be reprogrammed in order to communicate with my computer, since it is different than a Fox computer.

GDavenport, Did the inlet hose size fit the meter perfectly? Someone was telling me that the inlet size was different on a Fox body, maybe smaller than one on an SN-95. Is this true? Did you have any problems with it fitting at all?

Thanks guys for your help.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Jay-

If you have the stock EEC IV Cobra computer, then you need one calibrated for 19# injectors. If you have a PIH or GT processor, then you'll need 24# injector calibration.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Jay95Cobra said:
Jose, The reason why I need it recalibrated is because right now it is calibrated for 19# injectors and I have 24# injectors, and the guy at Pro-M that I talked to said that it should be reprogrammed in order to communicate with my computer, since it is different than a Fox computer.
Sorry, didn't catch that you owned a Cobra previously :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Matt...You are saying that even though I have 24# injectors and a stock Cobra computer, I need a MAF calibrated for 19# injectors?? And if I had a GT computer, I would need one calibrated for 24# injectors, even though they have 19# injectors?? This confuses me. Why would it calibrated for something other than what I have?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
The Cobra J4J1 EEC has a 24# curve in it that uses a 19# signal. You can verify that the computer does the calibration on the Cobra by looking up the MAF part #'s for the Cobra and the GT: they are identical.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
outlet size? the 77 has a flange that is ~ 1 inch smaller than the rubber hose. I put a rubber flange adapter from a k&n filter intake pipe kit. this solved the problem nicely... for me ... I am going to fab up a cold air intake to get that thing out of my engine compartment... I datalogged the temps at idle (in 68*) weather after warm as 109-120 degrees... ugh.

Guy

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Gdavenport, if you get that done take some pics and send them to me. I tried to fab up a cold air kit for mine but couldn't get the filter/ maf in the fender well properly to make it halfway decent looking.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts