Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's my first time setting up a pro-m unit . Chris programmed everything . My 02 reading are !
From a cold start to will warmed up ( 25 to 30 mins at idle ) start is 12.6 then 14.6 to 15.3 after warm up ( all at idle )
On a drive ( auto trans c-6 )
On the gas is 11.6 to 12.8 At cruise is 13.8 to 14.5
Stopped in drive 16.7 to 18.5 and sometimes up to 20.3 . After a few mins. it will drop to 15.6 . The whole time stopped in drive it runs very bad. When I put in park it stays around 15.6 and still runs a little ruff .

PI Readings at idle -0.0002 to 0.0004 at cruise 0.0000 and when it runs very bad it's 0.0008 to 0.0016

Timing is set at 10 BTDC
Spark advance gauge readings 1st I only see the bottom half of the numbers ! looks like high 9's to 11's

I did carb cleaner vac leak test a few times ( used up two cans ) and didn't fine anything . I only have 3 vac lines pcv, fuel and brake .
Fuel psi is 40 psi vac off and 34 psi vac on . I pull 18 pounds of vac .
Tps is 0.75v

The 02 readings don't change much stopped in drive if I add more fuel or take it out and still runs bad then .

Why dose it run so bad when I stop in drive ? Both banks read the same very close at all times !

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
did you program your sensors correctly as per the instructions?

spark advance is fine. those readings are normal at idle.

are you sure you are 10btdc not 10atdc? btc is to the right of the balancer after the 0

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
It's my first time setting up a pro-m unit . Chris programmed everything . My 02 reading are !
From a cold start to will warmed up ( 25 to 30 mins at idle ) start is 12.6 then 14.6 to 15.3 after warm up ( all at idle )
Stopped in drive 16.7 to 18.5 and sometimes up to 20.3 . After a few mins. it will drop to 15.6 . The whole time stopped in drive it runs very bad. When I put in park it stays around 15.6 and still runs a little ruff .

PI Readings at idle -0.0002 to 0.0004 at cruise 0.0000 and when it runs very bad it's 0.0008 to 0.0016

Timing is set at 10 BTDC
Spark advance gauge readings 1st I only see the bottom half of the numbers ! looks like high 9's to 11's

I did carb cleaner vac leak test a few times ( used up two cans ) and didn't fine anything . I only have 3 vac lines pcv, fuel and brake .
Tps is 0.75v

The 02 readings don't change much stopped in drive if I add more fuel or take it out and still runs bad then .

Why dose it run so bad when I stop in drive ? Both banks read the same very close at all times !
Isn't TPS supposed to be between .92 and .95, is the .75 a typo?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
your injector data might be incorrect, your low slope not adjusted correctly, your tps not correct, your widebands not programed correctly, widebands not wired properly.

are you running the fuel pressure sensor? if you're not, it should be disabled. if you aren't and its enabled, its going to run like ****.

check the following and report back. check it until you're sick of checking it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so adjust tps back to .090.

or less could mean all the way down to 0v and we know thats not right. take it out of closed loop tell me what the widebands say.
I reset TPS to .93 and reset idle . Drive pretty good but will have to see if it stays that way . closed loop readings are
bank 1 0 .1216 to 0.1415 bank 2 0 .980 to 0.780

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
your injector data might be incorrect, your low slope not adjusted correctly, your tps not correct, your widebands not programed correctly, widebands not wired properly.

are you running the fuel pressure sensor? if you're not, it should be disabled. if you aren't and its enabled, its going to run like ****.

check the following and report back. check it until you're sick of checking it.
Chris at pro-m put all data in and I set wide bands up to pro-m spect.

I will keep checking and looking . I didn't know if I missed something that would jump out to someone .

·
Banned
25,617 Posts

Timing is set at 10 BTDC

Tps is 0.75v

have you read the manual?

have you read what you typed?

do you know what 18pounds of vac even means?

do you know what 02 sensors do?

i mean it in a serious way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.