Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've almost decided on the Pro Chamber. From what I've heard, I want that sound. Only problem is, I'm moving to VA and am not sure about the emmision laws there. Anyone heard of anyone welding in high-flow cats? Would this change the sound too much? Anyone from the VA beach area with info on emission laws? Thanks.
Ken

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have one and am not sure of the laws, but after doing the install, it wouldn't be the worst thing to change out once a year to go in for testing. After learning for the first time I could do it in a hour or two.

Your right, it sounds mean as he!!:evilgrin:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I may go that route. I'm just concerned about possibly being pulled over and checked. Not sure about the laws in VA, I read about a guy in Cali that got pulled over and payed out the a$$ in fines. Is the pipe mellow enough when you don't get on it (ie normal street driving) that it wouldn't draw unneccessary attention? Thanks again.
Ken

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have never been looked at twice by any cops. You have to shift at very low RPM's for it not to get too loud however.

On a side note, I think that after installing my Pro Chamber that the typical Flowmaster interior resination isn't as bad. It's still loud on the hwy, but it just sounds like more noise from the tail of the car.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Prochamber

When I got pulled over(not using a blinker to change lanes) The cop didn't even think about checking under my car AFTER he asked what I had done to my car. I told him "gears, intake, and an h-pipe." He had a GT so I think he pulled me over just to see what I had done to my car, no warning/ticket. BASTARDS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts