Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,406 Posts
Outlaw:

Bob Glidden tree'd the SNOT out of Dan Millen, and was on the way to an easy win when he got major loose about half track, had to let off, handing Millen the win. Don't remember Millen's time.

Pro-

Billy Glidden had another nitrous backfire, handing it to(ah, I forget his name) - the guy with the orange Precision Turbo machine that looks just like Grebeck's old ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the update fiveoboy01. Do you know what times Doug Mangrum ran?

It really blows that I can't find any run by run information on the web. The Ford World Challenge website says nothing new. I've had the same problem with Fun Ford results. Only the NMRA has decent coverage, they even post results somewhat realtime (quals, elim 1, elim 2, etc.).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
fiveoboy01 said:
Outlaw:

Bob Glidden tree'd the SNOT out of Dan Millen, and was on the way to an easy win when he got major loose about half track, had to let off, handing Millen the win. Don't remember Millen's time.

Pro-

Billy Glidden had another nitrous backfire, handing it to(ah, I forget his name) - the guy with the orange Precision Turbo machine that looks just like Grebeck's old ride.
It was so cold waiting for them to run!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
huecool said:
Thanks for the update fiveoboy01. Do you know what times Doug Mangrum ran?
Mangrum had a bad weekend, he couldnt get the car running right all weekend and didnt even make the 1st round call against billy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
fiveoboy01 said:
Outlaw:

Bob Glidden tree'd the SNOT out of Dan Millen, and was on the way to an easy win when he got major loose about half track, had to let off, handing Millen the win. Don't remember Millen's time.

Pro-

Billy Glidden had another nitrous backfire, handing it to(ah, I forget his name) - the guy with the orange Precision Turbo machine that looks just like Grebeck's old ride.
I Hate to even get on the board but here goes. Bob Glidden didn't tree the SNOT out of me. The fact is yes he did tree me but after waiting on the trans brake @ 15 lbs of boost for 10-12 secs, the trans wasn't in perfect mode and neither was I. I am not upset at any means, that is racing and I accept the way Bob stages thats how he does it. I don't think Bob's .513 to my .524 tree is "tree'd the SNOT out of me". And it wasn't an easy win. A win is a win.

It was also an honor to Race the legend....

One more thing it was Randy Eakins who won pro.

Thanks Dan
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
Dan Millen said:


I Hate to even get on the board but here goes. Bob Glidden didn't tree the SNOT out of me. The fact is yes he did tree me but after waiting on the trans brake @ 15 lbs of boost for 10-12 secs, the trans wasn't in perfect mode and neither was I. I am not upset at any means, that is racing and I accept the way Bob stages thats how he does it. I don't think Bob's .513 to my .524 tree is "tree'd the SNOT out of me". And it wasn't an easy win. A win is a win.

It was also an honor to Race the legend...

Thanks Dan
Dan, You have an awsome car! Congrats .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Dan Millen said:


I Hate to even get on the board but here goes. Bob Glidden didn't tree the SNOT out of me. The fact is yes he did tree me but after waiting on the trans brake @ 15 lbs of boost for 10-12 secs, the trans wasn't in perfect mode and neither was I. I am not upset at any means, that is racing and I accept the way Bob stages thats how he does it. I don't think Bob's .513 to my .524 tree is "tree'd the SNOT out of me". And it wasn't an easy win. A win is a win.

It was also an honor to Race the legend....

One more thing it was Randy Eakins who won pro.

Thanks Dan
Wut happend saturday on eliminations when it was smoking and u almost took the tree out? I didnt understand it..but good job man i was with muy buddies mike smith and jason cohen...Cohen had bad luck with his torque converter it cracked..but like i said congrats man!:joy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
ProChargedLX said:

Wut happend saturday on eliminations when it was smoking and u almost took the tree out? I didnt understand it..but good job man i was with muy buddies mike smith and jason cohen...Cohen had bad luck with his torque converter it cracked..but like i said congrats man!:joy:


LOL that damn bruno, we hit the dipstick, it has a GM style and we hit the locking part when we put the tin back in. The Bruno builds a small amount of pressure, and it pushed a bunch of fluid out right on the rear tire.

Tell Mike and Jason great job there cars are flying there going way too fast.....
Thanks Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Congrats on the win Dan. I was shocked when Jimmy Dahl gave you that much time at the line. I don't know him but he sounds like a good guy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,406 Posts
Well from where I was standing(1/8th mile mark on the fence) it looked like Bob got a huge jump on the tree. Obviously not so, but it looked that way to me; I apologize for saying he treed the hell out of you when it wasn't so. Congrats too on your win, it looked like Bob had you but he got loose and that's how it goes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Hi Dan,
I am from Toronto and was wondering how Joe DaSilva did, we haven't heard form him since he went down to race. That doesn't surprise me though, as he is pretty busy when racing, can you tell me anything about how he did.
Rgds,
Murray

Dan Millen said:


I Hate to even get on the board but here goes. Bob Glidden didn't tree the SNOT out of me. The fact is yes he did tree me but after waiting on the trans brake @ 15 lbs of boost for 10-12 secs, the trans wasn't in perfect mode and neither was I. I am not upset at any means, that is racing and I accept the way Bob stages thats how he does it. I don't think Bob's .513 to my .524 tree is "tree'd the SNOT out of me". And it wasn't an easy win. A win is a win.

It was also an honor to Race the legend....

One more thing it was Randy Eakins who won pro.

Thanks Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
fiveoboy01 said:
Well from where I was standing(1/8th mile mark on the fence) it looked like Bob got a huge jump on the tree. Obviously not so, but it looked that way to me; I apologize for saying he treed the hell out of you when it wasn't so. Congrats too on your win, it looked like Bob had you but he got loose and that's how it goes.
No no big deal man I was just stating how it was, you don't have to apoligize. My car really doesn't leave that hard anyway, we also took some power out just to make sure we got down the track it was going away.

Murray,
I think Joe went a couple of rounds, looks like they are still sorting out the car, check the www.Hardcore50.com it has round by round results

....Thanks Dan
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
fiveoboy01 said:
Outlaw:

Bob Glidden tree'd the SNOT out of Dan Millen, and was on the way to an easy win when he got major loose about half track, had to let off, handing Millen the win. Don't remember Millen's time.

Pro-

Billy Glidden had another nitrous backfire, handing it to(ah, I forget his name) - the guy with the orange Precision Turbo machine that looks just like Grebeck's old ride.
Dan,
I have to apologize for the ignorance of some people, and believe me I fit into that category sometimes myself, but you did an excellent job that weekend getting the car to go like it did. I was there with some friends and we saw your car the whole time, which didn't look too promising in the beginning, but you came through and whole heartedly deserved the win. You made my friend Tom one happy guy when you won. He was rooting for you the whole time!!! Thumbs up to you and your crew!

Dan also
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
I had to privilege and honor of going to the race with Dan, from D&C Performance, and agree with everything he had to say. Just wish we could see you at the NMRA races this year. Especially at Maple Grove and Atco, since I go to those. Again, congrats.

Jeff
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top