·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soon ill be gettin a shifter, which one should i get?? thx

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have owned the pro 5.0, hurst and steeda.

I like the pro 5.0 the best. It just feels better to me and is bomb proof.

The handle is on the short side when driving around but when racing I sit with my seat a little closer to the wheel and it is perfect.

You can also put the steeda handle or your stock handle (with some bushings) on the pro 5.0

J

·
0 Posts
I never ran a pro 5.0 but I love my steeda. I would like to try a pro 5.0 someday. Maybe on my next project.:evil:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I have the Pro 5.0. Pretty nice. I'm going to get the Steeda handle for it though. I'm 6'1" and I have missed 3rd gear a few times. I think it's cause it's a long extension for my arm. I'm getting used to it though. I put the stock handle on for position and it was nice, just those rubber bushings totally suck (steeda sells some steel ones for 15 bux, might get those instead of teh 35 buck handle) anyway, the Pro 5.0 is nice, and looks like it's survive a nuclear bombing. A breeze to put in.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
no regrets with my tri ax!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Steeda here, came from a pro-5.0.

To me the pro-5.0 was designed if your sitting on the transmission tunnel shifting, it's not natural to shift that "stub" like others that are atleast ergonomic and within reach. :)

and to the guy that mentioned the pro-5.0 being indestructable, I've seen one ripped in half.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you get a pro-5.0 or a steeda you wont be going wrong. They are both great shifters. I have a pro-5.0 myself. Just had to scoot my seet up a tad. Great shfter

·
Registered
159 Posts
Pro 5.0

·
Registered
812 Posts
This question has been asked a lot and there is always someone who says the reach is to far on a Pro 5.0. I am 6" and have never encountered any of the problems shifting that anyone here claims to have had. I have my seat all the way back to. Its a mustang, they aren't that big to begin with. Each time I read those posts I try to imagine what they are talking about and it makes no sense to me. In answer to your question, I would pick a Pro 5.0 over any other shifter out there.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I run the tri ax---love it--havent missed 3rd yet--very tight!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have had a Pro50 in my gt, and just bought an lx and put a steeda in it. To me, I like the steeda just a little more. I would get it, just for the fact the handle is better. I ended up switching the handles between the 2 and used the upper mount for the steeda and it worked out better for both. You can't go wrong with either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts