Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '66 Restoration/Modification is currently for auction on Ebay - but I wanted to post here, as I advertized a Mustang here a few years ago and got very nice exposure.

Here is the link is the link to the Ebay auction, as well as a cut and past of the description. If you are interested, please feel free to email me direct ( [email protected] ) or even thru Ebay. If you are not a member of Ebay - we can work a deal w/o them.

I'd be happy to email my reserve price - upon request ... but it is around parts cost.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=6236&item=2423175505

Here is the main description:

The description of all the parts and effort is not complete – as I am sure I am forgetting things, so please feel free to email on any questions. All parts listed below should be considered new.

This project started when I purchased in 1995 a 5 liter engine, through Diversified Products (a top 10 Ford Motorsport SVO dealer - now Ford Racing) that was a Steve Saleen take out for one of his 351 cars – had under 50 miles on it when purchased. The final product is a restored/modified classic 1966 Mustang Convertible with a blend of original/remade parts and modern day technology. The donor car started life as a 6-cylinder coup (TX car). The car was brought down to the body shell for a complete restoration. Finishing the rest of the 5 liter conversion/driveline is a World Class T5 trannie w/hi performance clutch from D&D, an SVO Aluminum driveshaft and a 9 inch rear with 3.55 posi gears. The front end was converted to a Mustang II set up (via Rod & Custom Motorsports of SC) with 12 inch Baer brakes and all stainless steel plumbing/billet brake-proportioning valve. This was tied into a convertible conversion from Drivers Seat Investments – to make a tubular style frame ( the frame is so stiff that the car can be jacked up on any corner without sag – the doors open freely ) – this is really a one of of a kind construction !

The fuel injection conversion required bringing the '95 engine back to '93 style – so it has a Cobra intake (upper and lower), along with a 65 mm throttle body, EFI distributor, O2 sensors & relays, alternator, several wiring harnesses – again all SVO parts, on top of the conversion wire harness from Winder-Fox (who specializes in these conversions).

The fuel system is a custom Cartech Stage 1 kit – Peirburg pump, flexible stainless steel hoses, Aeroquip connections, extruded fuel rails, through an Aeromotive adjustable fuel regulator.

The ignition was upgraded to the 5 liter kit that Performance Distributors sells (coil, Dyna-Mod, Livewires, wiring), a '93 SVO ECU for the brains, SVO MAS Air Induction kit w/SVO K&N blue intake filter. Billet March pulleys and brackets drive the electrical system. Cooling is through a 4 row '93 Mustang radiator with a Black Magic fan running in pusher mode in the front (giving lot’s of space in the engine bay).

The exhaust system starts with SVO SS shorties (1 5/8), tied into a Dr X crossover, Steeda SS Sleeper mufflers followed by MAC mandrel bent pipes. A 2.5 inch free flowing system. The OEM style tips were then welded on the end.

The audio system is Competition Grade/Quality – starting with an Alpine 7949 head unit, Boston 4 inch coaxials in the dash, Boston 4x6 inch speakers in the doors, 2 JL subs in the trunk with two Xtant rebuilt competition ITSCA amps ( 2 channel & 3 channel ) – matched to a distribution block and 1 farad cap.

Seats & upholstery, most interior parts & linings are all new – from Mustangs Unlimited and other retailers. The dash is custom SS – with Autometer Phantom gauges. The wiring harness was redone with a Painless Wiring kit.

The paint is Wimbledon White with dark blue Shelby stripes (correct format & width), matching the blue Stayfast top. The front bumper is new, the rear was re-chromed. All emblems and accent pieces are new.

The stock emergency brake was replaced with a chrome/SS Lokor one – mounted on the tunnel, which makes it very functional on hills!

Finally the wheels are after-market 16x8 Torque thrust style with 225/60/16 Goodyear Eagles (as new condition).

Vehicle Condition

In short, Excellent

I have real blond wood laminate that can be cut to fit for wooding the dash, glove box and other trim pieces of choice – but have not done this as of it yet. This would match the wood Lecara steering wheel as well as the Parchment interior. Seat belts are custom colored to fit the deviating color interior (blue and parchment), with chrome buckles

The car is classified as a Reconstructed Vehicle in the State of Delaware – as such, there are many freedoms with this car in any mods you may consider.

The car has less than 2000 miles since competition. I am selling because I don't drive it. Why? Too many vehicles and I've gotten the Track/Autocross bug after attending a performance driving school and want to build & race one of these cars.

And a sep link for the same photos not hosted on Ebay

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289744977&code=5752138&mode=invite

Thanks !! Dan

1 - 1 of 1 Posts