Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a rust free hatch to replace the one on my 90 Fox Body. Trying to find something local to me or within driving distance. What's the going rate for one without a wing if buying from an individual from like market place, craigslist, offerup, etc?

·
Registered
24,272 Posts
20K+ to be rust free and no accidents, just a roller

hell i would want double that for mine, maybe

you are looking right when foxes are taking off in price

oops, you mean just the actual hatch?

disregard then

good luck.

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
I've been in the market for one. I really just need the glass for the defroster, but everyone wants to sell the entire hatch complete.

It's all over the place really. Where I live in MA, rust-free cars and body parts command a premium. You can probably find a hatch for $100-150 here and expect to need body work in terms of light rust repair. Really nice clean, complete hatches were in the $250-300 range. Pricing wasn't consistent either. You'll get those guys that see one guy asked $300 for a mint one, so they will expect to get the same for their hatch with holes rusted through it.

·
Registered
484 Posts
It's not that kind of market anymore. IF you can find 1, then buy it or make an offer with the seller. That said.. 300 for a nice hatch seems CHEAP.

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
I’m sure it varies by region, but most the ones I look at are in the $100-150 range.

here’s one I just found locally for $100. I just messaged them about the glass I need. However judging from the partially removed cheap tint, I think this one will be a bust for me a well.

9CA3B0FA-0F1A-4799-A041-037E470094DA.png

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I’m in California and I have two of them. 😑

·
Registered
8,958 Posts

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I've been in the market for one. I really just need the glass for the defroster, but everyone wants to sell the entire hatch complete.

It's all over the place really. Where I live in MA, rust-free cars and body parts command a premium. You can probably find a hatch for $100-150 here and expect to need body work in terms of light rust repair. Really nice clean, complete hatches were in the $250-300 range. Pricing wasn't consistent either. You'll get those guys that see one guy asked $300 for a mint one, so they will expect to get the same for their hatch with holes rusted through it.
I have the glass . I'm in Ct

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I’m sure it varies by region, but most the ones I look at are in the $100-150 range.

here’s one I just found locally for $100. I just messaged them about the glass I need. However judging from the partially removed cheap tint, I think this one will be a bust for me a well.

View attachment 1070198
Can we not get replacement glass anymore?

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
I have the glass . I'm in Ct
Does the rear defrost work?

Can we not get replacement glass anymore?
Not sure. I haven't been able to find any in my searching. I've run across some NOS glass for big bucks, but not sure I want to go that route for something I actually don't intend to use. I've just been half-heartedly searching for a used glass...and by that I mean I inquire when I see a hatch pop up on my FB marketplace feed.

I actually haven't inquired at a glass replacement shop yet. I would imagine their non-insured pricing would probably be in line with NOS?

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Does the rear defrost work?

Not sure. I haven't been able to find any in my searching. I've run across some NOS glass for big bucks, but not sure I want to go that route for something I actually don't intend to use. I've just been half-heartedly searching for a used glass...and by that I mean I inquire when I see a hatch pop up on my FB marketplace feed.

I actually haven't inquired at a glass replacement shop yet. I would imagine their non-insured pricing would probably be in line with NOS?
I cant say honestly. I can ohm it out.

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
I cant say honestly. I can ohm it out.
Thanks, but i'm going to decline for now. CT is a bit of a hike for me at the moment and I've got a lot of stuff going on at the moment. I might message you later if I find myself in the mood for a drive. Thanks

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A guy I know who has wrenched on my car over the years has a clean one but wants $450 for it and I honestly feel like it's a bit on the high side. Found one about 2.5 hours away that doesn't look as clean but it is rust free according to the seller and he's asking $225 for it. He also has a set of black Recaro seats that are supposed to be in very clean condition with tracks for $350. Not sure if that is a good price for them. Whatever hatch I purchase is going to get painted when I repaint the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts