Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm 18 and I plan to purchase an 03 cobra in approximately 2-3 years (student, so I gotta save). I've been saving and I have a few thousand so far. Well, my first question is, what will the estimated cost be for an 03 cobra in 2-3 years? When I'm ready, I should be able to pay it off or have a really HUGE downpayment on one. I'm going to wait 2-3 years for 1.) to get my money together 2.) for insurance purposes (I believe there's another deduction at age 21, and the big one @ 25). I have a 99 Grand Prix GT that I plan to keep as a daily driver though (and use the cobra as maybe a weekend type car). My second question is how much money in mods would get the cobra into the 11's? What about the 10's? Can 10's be achieved with the stock blower and smaller pulley? What's the smallest pulley you can drive around with while remaining street drivability/reliability?

Thanks

·
Registered
398 Posts
If you can just barely afford to buy the car, you might not want to be thinking about 10s quite yet. It's a twelve second car right off the bat - with good driving. Learn to do that first. Also, as far as value of the car goes, who knows? At that point the new DEW-98 platform mustangs will be roaming the streets, and the new Cobras should just about be out. Those two facts should do some serious damage to the resale of the last sn-95 based cars.
-Tom

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Yeah, I was just saying that 10's is something that I wated to <b>eventually</b> hit (I don't plan to sell the car). I plan to keep it and do as much stuff as I can to it while retaining street drivability (even though it won't be a daily driver). Yes, you are right, I do need to learn to drive one. From coming from an auto tranny to a manual, there's alot of things I have to get used to. I'm hoping I can get the 03 cobra for around 20-25g's in 2-3 years, but I've been constantly saving (I have a few thous. right now). Plus, someone hit the back of my grand prix GT the other day and I'm going to hire a lawyer b/c of my constant neck soreness. Well, thanks anyway. Hopefully if I keep my mind set on my goal, it'll happen (and insurance won't kill me, lol). Thanks again

·
Registered
65 Posts
You might consider selling your Grand Prix now in order to bank more money in consideration for the '03. If the Cobra is your ultimate goal, then you should bank everything you can in consideration of that ultimate goal. Many, many cars will come and go in your life. When I was your age I bought a 1989 Turbo Trans Am. It was nice but something nicer came along as something always does. I hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts