Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI

Street legal drags are coming back to Fontana.

California Dragway June 8, 9.....

For more dates go to www.californiaspeedway.com

late

AL:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

:king: :blam:

I LOVE THESE DAMN SMILIES:hammer:

·
US Air Force Active Duty
252 Posts
Thanks for the light. :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yea I was about to punch the tech officals lights out when he took my run card from me a second time. I know its street legals but why do they want me to have a race car. Like roll cage, five point harness, fire suit, and other safety equiptment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
WooHoo!!!!:joy: I'll be there on the 8th. Do you guys think it will be super crowded? I know it was the time they opened for the first time. Anyway I'll look for you guys. Later,
Will

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be there also on the 8th at 6ish in the morning.......I hate waking up early.......oh well:rolleyes:

March 9th I went it didn't seem packed but they had well over 300+ cars; it was just running smoothly...I had 3 runs before 12pm:cool:

Brian you're right though about trailered car w/slicks. They were running that day. The track is certified to only run 10's. One of the tech guys told me that; not enough runout at the end of the track.

Brian what kind of times are you running? If they want you to get a roll cage isn't it 11.99 or better?:evilgrin:COOL

later

AL:eek:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Not enough run out. You mean not enogh shut down after the finish line.
Yea the roll cage thing. I melted three spark plug goin into 2nd, and shut it off half way thru third cause it wast goin My fuel pump took a dump. Still ran like a 11.80 with a spinning 1.60 60ft., 97 at the eigth and 98 at the finish. Bad luck at that track!

·
Registered
80 Posts
fontana

Any of you guys ever go to LACR or Carlsbad? How much better is Fontana, I heard there's lots of traction. Were they not letting trailered cars in before? How come a 15sec. import is louder than a 10 sec AMERICAN car? Just a mystery of life I guess.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been to Carlsbad once and don't plan on going back. I had a bad experience there and forgot to switch to 4x4 mode:rolleyes: .
Anyway, Fontana is a much nicer than C-Bad. LACR is also a pretty nice track. Traction isn't the greatest at Fontana, and the alltitude is kinda high but oh well, it's still a track. They didn't let trailored cars in there at first, but they have started now.
Will

·
Registered
80 Posts
not so dead anymore

What you don't like the return road? it's the best of both worlds. Dragstrip on the way down Baja 500 on the way back. How bad was your experience there? One weekend we replaced a clutch in the pits at the JBA race then 2 weeks later my blower bearings exploded, the nut came off the impellar and chunks of the impellar are somewhere in my motor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
:eek: I can't say it was as bad as yours. I hated the off road course on the way in and out, hated the staging lanes, only got one run in(horrible time), and my car was running very bad.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Before i went to Carlsbad the first time I was told to bring a block of wood for the staging lanes, I didn't think they were serious. Did you look at your quarter panels after using the burnout box? I thought they were supposed to use water not gravel. If it wasn't for being able to surf and ride before running the car we probably wouldn't go down there. It's our own version of a triathalon.

·
Registered
80 Posts
There's a track in Rialto?1/8 or 1/4? What days and where. I overheard about a track opening up on the news but I missed all the details. Carlsbad isn't that bad the road leading in is dirt there's motocross tracks around it so the track is dusty the return road used to be a roadcourse. Now it looks like a test track for Baja. And one time someone went off the end of the track and they didn't even notice. They ran 2 or 3 more cars until someone noticed. I guess their helmet fell down over their eyes and instead of slowing down they stayed in it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Rialto just got a new launch pad. The track is 1/8 mile but runs a good program. they also run the summit braket races. The pits are next to the track. California is the newest track and uses part of the parkin lot. Bring your slicks or trailer it in. Make sure you have proof of registration,insurance, and drivers licence. Californis is a nice setup. Irwindale is also a nice 1/8 mile track,Ive never drag raced there yet. long drive.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Fastback Brian

I was reading this thread thinking "Good nobody here knows about Irwindale....hee hee." But since you let the cat outta the bag.... :)

Irwindale is a great track. If you are running really fast 115+ in the 1/8th its a little hairy at the shut down area. Ask anybody that has run there.
But for a hot street car its a great place to race. I personally can't stand running at Fontucky because of the crowds, and the stands suck ass. (you can barely see once the cars are a couple hundred feet out.) And getting up at the crack of dawn to make sure you get more than 3 runs kinda stinks too.
So, Irwindale is my choice now... I hope they will be open the same day Fontucky opens up to catch the overflow.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just curius

Do any of you guys come up and run at the Seattle track? Or make your way over to Spokane Raceway Park (SRP) AHRA sanctioned. If you want to take friends for rides you can do it at SRP, dont really need a roll cage, my friend ran a [email protected] and they didnt say a word even though he doesnt have a driveshaft loop, 5-point harnesses, fire-jacket, roll cage. They are very leanient and you dont need special licenses to run 9's, a friend that goes to my school drives her dad's rail in the 8 second zone and she started driving it in the 9's when she was 16 and now 8's and she is 18, no license. But if you guys do come over it has a HUGE shutdown area and you can take passengers, we would love to see some more fast mustangs. Our little group of friends of Mustangs is getting extremly fast, twin turbo stock 5.0 (11.3 untuned), '91 single T-70 turbo on a 410 stroker almost done looking for 9's, 460 with 125 shot of nitrous in a '89 GT, '91 GT with gears exhaust and a 175-200 shot of nitrous (about to get a supercharger), my '89 LX 5.0 about to get a couple hair dryers. There are some others not in our group that have heads, cam and intake, couple others with superchargers and another with a 460.

Just curius as to where these tracks are at. I am doing my own TT setup here soon and we would like to go to some different tracks and play, so would my other friends. We are used to 1/4 mile but if ya run 1/8 we will throw in some 4.10's and feel some mad acceleration.

Brian

1 - 17 of 17 Posts