Preped intake cover for Single blade Accufab TB

846 views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  98toplesscobra 
#1 · (Edited)
updated pics Preped intake cover & ported intake 4 Single blade Accufab TB

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

I updated the pics..DA Snake Boy!!

See less See more
#5 ·
End up porting it yourself? How did it come out? I can't see the pic for some reason.

#8 ·
Compettition Heads in Anaheim, I got it done for free, Ill be up-loading some pics on the Corral tommorow. BTW thanx for the advice on the IMRC delete mod, it worked out better than expected. Once Shaun re-burned the chip it runs great, the whole intake mod with the Diablo chip & the Accufab TB should be considered by every N/A modular Cobra. Heres the break down on the cost

Upper intake mod (sanding & grinding bits)= $18
Lower intake porting for N/A (7000rpm max hp)$200.
New intake gaskets $50.
Modifying IMRC to deletes (two part cold weld apoxy $7. Spacer plugs I can supply you for $0).
Accufab TB= $370
Diablo chip w/custom file that works for this mod $375 (but talk to ONERICHRUNNER).

Its a great mod for $1020 and if you have your heads ported its even better. Everything as mentioned with stock heads 20 to 30 rwhp. Ported heads 30 at least...DA Snake Boy!!!

#9 ·
duane v said:
BTW thanx for the advice on the IMRC delete mod, it worked out better than expected.
You talking about when I suggested it awhile back? If so, no problem. Too bad you already did the porting, cause I spent a couple weeks experimenting with acid porting and it worked out pretty well. Did you chop the runners?

#10 ·
Snakeboy,

I need to know where you got all new intake gaskets from for $50. (upper, lower to IMRC, and IMRC to heads) Did you just order them from Ford? What is the part number for them? Or should I use Felpro?

What did you use to polish the outside of the upper intake hat? Can that be done with a dremel or should I get an air sander? I have an air compressor and/or a dremel.

Did you chop or just polish the runners and clean them up but leave the stock length?

Thanks, Jason

#12 · (Edited)
That took some work, I wish I had a little more patience & skill to Polish the outside of the lower intake and upper intake, looks good.. The outside of the hat?? I had mine polished at Rainbow polishing in El monte, but if you look at Steve's it could be done at home..

Joel left the stock lengths on the runner, it keeps the Stang streetable and I dont have to spin it to 7400 rpm for max power, and dont break parts. I have alot of tip-in and part throttle timing in the program, the IMRC deletes respond well to alot of timing for whatever reason..

The Gasket P/N
96-98 4v's

The intake upper gasket (9H486)
The intake manifold gasket (9467)
Intake Hat gasket (9E436)

I bought them at three different Ford Dealers, the parts bro said they dont ever have a need for them, its re-useable gasket, well that's what they said. I figured since I was there I might as well change them, your call...DA Snake Boy!!!

#16 ·
Duane and/or Jason: Is it necessary to get a retune on your car after the intake porting/polising and throttle body are added? The porting I wanna give a try, but can I keep the tune I have now, or do does it need to be adjusted? Its no prob. if it does, I just wanna know. Thanks guys.

#17 ·
Yeah, you MUST get your car retuned after doing this. Especially after making IMRC deletes.

My car is gonna be back at LaRoccas for a reburn of the chip again the day before NMRA Maple Grove, June 21st. As long as the tune goes well, I will run the car there in the Mod Motor class for practice and test-n-tune for the following weekend at Modular Shootout.

Later, Jason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.