Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into a converter, and I wanted some comments about which brand is best. All info is appreciated! :)

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
I've heard nothing but good stories about PI but it's a personal decision on your part. I did quite a bit of research and found that PI is a great company and does great work.

Hope that helps.
-Tim

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I have a P.I convertor in my car I think its 2800 stall speed. It has 55,000 problem free miles on it. Only bad thing is the tires you will burn off rather quickly.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a P.I. tc and it's excellent. I haven't heard much about Pro Torque so maybe someone will chime in. Just don't do what I did and order an ArtCarr first.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have used both the PI converter and now a Protorque converter and I went with the Protorque because they are 15 minutes from my house and it has a stronger lockup clutch. This is important when you are putting alot of torque through them. For some strange reason, I was blowing through the PI converter even after they tightened it up and the stall was all over the place. Both are awesome converters, but I have had the stall changed in my Protorque converter 3 times and it's much easier handing them the converter than dealing with shipping time and charges.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts