Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What options do I have? UPR, AFM, Morpheous, etc...? The signature below is up to date. The car has the stock strut tower brace, and I want the Powerpipe to clear it.

Also, I've read that a powerpipe increase boost by 1-2 lbs. Will this decrease the reliability of the engine? Should I get it retuned?

Thanxs

·
Registered
524 Posts
the powerpipe goes from the front of the supercharger into the fenderwell so the strut brace shouldn't be a problem. Both morpheous and afm are good with morpheous being about $100 cheaper and I would get atleast on a dyno to check a/f because of the added boost.

·
Formerly DroptopVenom
69 Posts
I originally purchased a Morpheus pipe but they had a mishap with the manufacturing and the pipe wouldn't fit, so I had to buy an Anderson b/c I couldn't wait. Harold at Morpheus was great though and if it wasn't for that freak accident I definitely would have stuck with it. It looked like a great pipe until my mechanic tried to put it in :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
The Morpheus pipe still does fit our cars. I have an uncoated version of this pipe (vortech 97). The pipe is welded wrong where it would enter the fenderwell, also the bypass is off, as well as the vaccum line position. All in all, it just does not fit. BTW, I ordered my Chrome Power pipe over 3 months ago, and I still haven't recieved it. Talked to Harold, but still no pipe. Anyway, I'm going to modify this uncoated pipe, and send it back to them and hopefully they'll make some improvements on it. Their other pipes seem to work wonderfully and fit perfect.

·
Formerly DroptopVenom
69 Posts
That's exactly why mine didn't fit as well. Harold said that someone else had redesigned the pipe and about 20 of them were sent out with he bungs in the wrong spot. He had to personally redesign it himself and said that the problem had been corrected. I would have been more than happy to send it back for a replacement but I scheduled my vacation just so I could put the car in the shop, so I had to get something in there immediately.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Yes a powerpipe will increase your boost from 1-2psi and typically you will not need a retune as long as you don't go over a 2psi increase. Like it was mentioned above, hitting the dyno to check A/F ratios after the install is highly recommended....

Tom Crews

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is some good advice...thanks!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ive also gone with the Anderson pipe. They always seem to fit right. Usually people dont mind spending a little more to get a good quality piece. Ive heard the Morpheus pipes are good though.
thanks

Dave

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
I have an AFM pipe and it fit right the first time, as it should for the money. I had heard 1-3 psi depending on the air, so as most above agree watch the AF closely and enjoy the extra boost!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts