Ford Mustang Forums banner

powerdyne rebuild

530 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  MadDAWG 
#1 ·
I was thinking about buying a used powerdyne for $500-600 bucks, but the guy thinks it needs a new impeller. the quote from ppowerdyne is $600 for a rebuild, and they wont sell the parts to do it yourself.
i was wondering if anyone knows where to get somthing like that, and if not do you think this is worth it??

thanks in advance

Eddie

#2 ·
It sucks don't it!. I have the same thing sitting in my garage. When I called they said it would be around $200 just to replace the impeller, but $500 to 600 if in need of a full rebuild. Before I send it out I'm gonna take the head unit into work and measure the TIR on the shaft and have them tell me their spec before I send it. That way I will already know if it needs a full rebuild or not, which I don't think I do.

#3 ·
Thanks for the Info, and what is the TIR???

im new to chargers, so if that is a dumb question, sorry :)

#4 ·
Actualy it has nothing to do with superchargers. Its Total Indicator Runout. It will tell me if the shaft is bent, which is what they told me when I called would determain if a rebuild in required.

I might have it done anyway. At this point is either a boat anchor or pay to fix it. I'm gonna wait to build a new motor for it first because I gotta drop the compression since its at 10:1 now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.