Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this would be on my 04" GT. What kind of power would I see typically with this blower on my stock motor with exhaust. Car is a 5 speed and I would be running 10lb of boost through the intercooler that is stock with the setup.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Most of the stock S2 cars I have seen are in the 280 to 290 rwhp range. With a pulley and a few mods they get to around 310 to 320. The highest I ever heard of was 350 rwhp, (ported heads, cams, headers, lots of stuff)

·
Registered
314 Posts
I threw a Series II on my 99gt last December.

I pulled 298.7rwhp / 322rwtq with the following:

Saleen Series II S/C
Chicane Sport RIPP Kit
Autologic Chip (base tune)
Magnaflow Catted Xpipe
Magnaflow Mufflers
Upgraded Focus Fuel Pump

Dyno: http://dynoperformance.com/search_details.php?ID=619

Since then I have added:

Accufab 75mm T.B.
C&L 80mm Mass Air
JBA Headers
Borla Stinger Catback

Hopefully going on this week is my Gords Ford Heat Exchanger. In a few months I hope to possibly upgrade the intercooler, get the intake port and polished, and possibly get some cams. A pulley is a possiblity too, but something reasonable, especially after Graham's Series IV thread. The intercooler isn't very efficient for the SII.

Joe from Chicane, 02/12/03
The original 1st gen blowers had intercoolers made by spearco not griffin. Many of the lower intakes had to be remachined over again to accomodate the Spearco units which were held to tight tolerances. Later the desicision was made to go to griffin to cut cost. Intercooler efficiency went down with cost of goods but remachining was avoided. The result of this is seen when inpecting the installed griffin unit. Fit is poor and a larger percent of boost goes uncooled by the intercooler.
Once I get all my stuff worked out I will go up to Swanson's to get it tuned. Hopefully I can get on a dyno sometime soon to see where I'm at.
Eric at XMP told me they got a Series II up to 366rwhp on a stock style motor. It takes a lot of time, effort and money, but I really enjoy it.

I got some install pics and audio on my site: www.BlueGT.com

·
Registered
306 Posts
How hard would it be to seal up the gaps around the S2 intercooler? It wouldn't work as well as a better IC, but at least all the air would go through the IC, and it should be a lot cheaper. The gaps at the ends of my S4 IC were a piece of cake to seal up, but I know the S2 would take more work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts