Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay my 89 Gt has power windows etc. Well a guy that i work with drives a 2001 jetta TDI. Now as most of you may know that on the drivers side of newer vehicles the power window has a one touch deal. Some you touch the switch for down once and it automatically goes down. Some do the same with both windows , driver and passenger side, now. His car however has the one touch system for both windows and it works going down and going up. I think that this is cool. Anyways I am trying to get a hold of two new jetta motors or else motors out of another car that has this same option. Where do I look and what type of cars have this feature?

Thanks Drew

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Its not the motors. Its the door switch that does that.

On my 1989 Probe GT I had the passenger switch fail and had to replace it to get it to do the feature again.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
There is a guy on ebay that is selling the relays to do that. Search for something like "Mustang one touch window" and you should find it if he has any listed. He was local to me in Houston and had them for like $19 buy it now.

Edit: I just looked and he has not had anything posted for a while apparently. But I bet some of the local stereo & alarm shops can get it for you. Maybe even look in the salvage yards for cars that have the windows (Lincolns come to mind) and se what they have?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts