Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK GUYS~~

Ok i noticed about 1 week ago that my power-steering hose was leaking. the hose that goes from the boost controler to the pump. well i replaced the hose which was a PITA. But it's on there and tight as can be. Well i'm still leaking? what could this be. I have cleaned all the areas that the leak occured around for just that reason. Extra dripp off. Well when the car is running and i put a large peice of cardboard under the car it looks like it is spraying a fine mist across the cardboard. When i turn off the car and let it sit over night it drops about a silver dollar size on the card board. If i replaced the line that was bad what else could this be? and how can i fix this? I can't see any other leaks

i know the line was bad cause the internal rubber nut seal on the end that went into the pump was about gone and you could wiggle to back and forth like nothing.. new one doesn't do this ,new seal

PLEASE HELP!! :mad:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one? please some one has to please help me out...

·
Registered
342 Posts
If you're talking about the high pressure line from the manifold to the pump, I've replaced mine too (damaged it when pulling out the motor). If you got it back in there good, it really shouldn't leak. Have you tried to have someone watch while you cut the wheels back and forth? That might be a good way to spot the leak.

Good luck.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
like i said that when the car is running that it sprays a fine mist like if it was on the pully and it is getting slinged off of the pully if you can get that. but its real fine mist and cant really feel it when the car is running. but when you let it sit over night 7+ hours it will drop a silver dollar size amount of PS fluid on the cardboard that sits under it.. could it be the main seal on the pump leaking? or the pump going out? i'm going to stop by my girls uncle while he is at work tomarrow and have him take a look. he works at a local dealer as a mechanic so he will know what it is. but jsut seeing if anyone had to replace theirs and had the same problem with it. thanks for any help you all can give one this one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts