Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the 5.0's have their power steering pulleys pressed on, but I was wondering if there is a tool to do this, seeing the shaft has a hex head. I've seen multiple removal tools but have yet to see an install tool. Share what you all have done, who've changed this pulley. Pics, and /or links would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You use the removal tool as the installation tool also. You've got to be careful when pressing it back on because you can't just put the pulley anywhere. It has to line up with the rest of the pulleys on your motor or it could slip off quite easily.

·
Registered
506 Posts
stangdan85 said:
You use the removal tool as the installation tool also. You've got to be careful when pressing it back on because you can't just put the pulley anywhere. It has to line up with the rest of the pulleys on your motor or it could slip off quite easily.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. I just took a good look at it and noticed the threads inside the shaft. Don't know why I didn't look before. Maybe all that talk about the hex head that's used for removal. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts