Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a quick question. I wish to hardwire my radar detector in my 94 GT using my fuse block. I have used the radio fuse using an add-a-fuse wire for a remote for my sub since my remote on my headunit was occupied.

What should I use to power the radar detector? I want an accessory wire to tap into, but which is safest? Is it wise to run both the remote and the radar detector to that one fuse? I have looked up the diagrams, but I am still unsure about what is safe, even for a little draw like the radar detector.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks,

·
Corral Charter Member
11,388 Posts
tap it off of the power point... it's easy to gain access to and easy enough to tap into without having to do a major installation job

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Move your amp wire to your head unit. Doesnt matter if it is already being used. I have run three amps off a head unit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have done that before too, but I didn't want to pull my radio out again.

Too late. I already tapped into the fuse. It's all being run off the radio power either way whether it's from behind the headunit or at the fuse. Same difference. I have a Pioneer AVH unit with a ####load of wires, I hate pulling it out because I have to push all the wires in and arrange them for the headunit to fit. My ipod adaptor and a few other things are all in there, it's a bitch to pull out.

Everything seems to work fine, and it's fused so if it ever blows, then I will work something out, I doubt it will though.

Thanks for the replies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts