Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an AFM power pipe in my 95 Cobra with the stock Bosch bypass. WIth my 2.95in pulley, I can hear the bypass bleading off boost, and keep see a drop. And I know it is not belt slippage. I put my 3.33in pulley back on for other reasons. I want to upgrade to the AFM Super By-Pass kit along with the Vortech Mondo bypass kit. Can I send my pipe back to AFM so they can modify it? Or do I have to buy a whole new set-up? Thanks.

Troy

·
Registered
265 Posts
Have you talked to Brad of Total Performance about it? He could probably hook you up. You would probably be better off selling your powerpipe and buying the super-bypass.

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I talked to Brad and he wasn't sure. I don't mind doing it either way. I'm sure at that time I will have the time to wait for AFM to modify it, but I do know that AFM outsources the production of the power pipe. Brad was thinking I would have to buy a new one. I try to deal with brad as much as I can.

troy

·
Registered
954 Posts
Is your bypass arranged so the bottom of the piston inside the valve is exposed to the discharge air? If so, have you tried flipping your bypass around so it's the other way around? Someone (pre-tech forum deletion) indicated this was good for some extra boost and would lessen the potential to "leak" at higher boost levels. The drawback maybe a slower to open bypass, IMO.

Redsnk95 said:
I currently have an AFM power pipe in my 95 Cobra with the stock Bosch bypass. WIth my 2.95in pulley, I can hear the bypass bleading off boost, and keep see a drop. And I know it is not belt slippage. I put my 3.33in pulley back on for other reasons. I want to upgrade to the AFM Super By-Pass kit along with the Vortech Mondo bypass kit. Can I send my pipe back to AFM so they can modify it? Or do I have to buy a whole new set-up? Thanks.

Troy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts