Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there anything that would cause a stang to not have the power its supose to, but still run and idel fine?.... Its a 93 GT with flowmasters and a K&N filter plus a super chip.... It seems like its missing some power... Its got 77k on it. If im in 5th gear on the highway and go to give it more gas, it doesnt have any go to it, it takes it awhile to build up speed...its got the stock 2:73s in it. Well anyways, i dunno if its just me or theres something wrong. Whats the prob if there even is one?

·
Registered
130 Posts
GTnick said:
Is there anything that would cause a stang to not have the power its supose to, but still run and idel fine?.... Its a 93 GT with flowmasters and a K&N filter plus a super chip.... It seems like its missing some power... Its got 77k on it. If im in 5th gear on the highway and go to give it more gas, it doesnt have any go to it, it takes it awhile to build up speed...its got the stock 2:73s in it. Well anyways, i dunno if its just me or theres something wrong. Whats the prob if there even is one?
When was the last time you had a tune up?? Could be a clogged fuel filter.. I have a Lightning and from what i've learned is when the fuel filters get clogged, it hurts performance drastically..Especially on top end.. If you done a tune up try changing your fuel filter and see if that helps...Take care and good luck..Let us know

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When was the last time you had a tune up?? Could be a clogged fuel filter.. I have a Lightning and from what i've learned is when the fuel filters get clogged, it hurts performance drastically..Especially on top end.. If you done a tune up try changing your fuel filter and see if that helps...Take care and good luck..Let us know

I got a new PCV valve, breather, plugs, wires, cleaned out the throttle body and butterfly plate , and im not sure what else I should do.. I am going to get a new fuel filter really soon though, im also going to check the timeing to see if anyone before me messed with it... Any other tune up items I could do?

·
Registered
130 Posts
What kind of plugs are you running? I'd do a fuel injection flush and make sure your Intake filter is clean.. I'm banking on your fuel filter though..You'd be amazed at how much that would hender power especially acceleration in fifth gear..Timing could also be off also.. Did you buy a new distributor cap also?;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have split fire plugs and I checked the gap on them too which is fine. How do I flush the fuel injection? I cleaned the filter and re oiled not to long ago. And i forgot to post earlier that i did get a new msd cap and rotor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts