Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Man, this car never seems to wanna make me happy, but I still love the POS! The drivers side door will lock but the passenger side wont lock by the door lock button, key or by hand! What would I need to buy to fix this problem and how is the intall? Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
273 Posts
I had this happen to me on the drivers side, and it turned out that the little rubber boot that is on top of the lock motor had broke a little and wound itself around the rod that needs to turn in order for the lock to actuate.

I pulled the door panel and cut off the rubber that had wound itself around the rod, and it's been fine for around 3 years since.

The motor is beginning to die, so it's inevitable that I will need to replace it soon, and you very well may have to, but it's worth checking out before you shell out some $$ on a new one.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Stangaholic said:
The drivers side door will lock but the passenger side wont lock by the door lock button, key or by hand! What would I need to buy to fix this problem and how is the intall? Thanks for any help...
The door lock actuator is frozen. Mine were both frozen and a super pain in the ass. You can take your door panel off and remove them and your locks will be very nice as far as non-power locks go. I just did the parts express conversion. www.partsexpress.com part#330-010. Very easy and very nice. I am hoping they last a long time. The fabrication involved is very simple. If you order those and want to know how to install them just let me know. Just don't break the plastic mounts for the actuators. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.