Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've asked before but nobody likes responding to me :( .

With all the mods in the sig, plus a 2800 lock-up (installation on Feb. 17th! :) ), do you think I can hit 12's with DR's? :confused:

P.S. The curb weight is 2952 lbs.. :evil:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
It spossible, all depends on the transmission, the engine looks like it has the power! And the weight is NICE!

·
Banned
3,819 Posts
Definetly possible to break 12, but the real determining factor is those crappy heads and how much porting they have, and what the valve size is as well as the compression ratio.

If we're talking about some casting flash cleanup and a valve job you'll be lucky to dip into the high 13s on slicks. But if they are seriously worked and were ported by someone knowlegable Id definetly say 12s are possible.

The heads alone really determine if we are talking about 150 rwhp or 250+ on that car.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
I would be worried about that 7.5 rear with hard launch a 12 is going to take to achieve. if the heads have a nice job done of them and that tranny isn't slipping to bad it just might be possible. I don;t know about your cam or what your HP is though.
the heads are what keeps me from answering if I think it would hit the 12's as I have not had any personal expience with those heads nor have too many people I associate with right now. so I couldn't give an educated guess. that 7.5 rear still worries me.

·
Banned
3,819 Posts
I agree, that 7.5 will eventually granade if you are making any sort of power. On my 82 GT I mannaged to explode the spider gears just launching on street tires in a stop light race (in my younger and stupider days). But you may as well run it till it pops.

D8OE heads were the generic v8 head used on everything from the 1978 "king cobra" to the 1984 GT, none of which topped 175 hp (flywheel). To give you some idea I went from 14.7s at 98 mph with unported D8 heads, Some generic 268 adv. duration cam, torker intake, 600 holley DP, shorties and 2.5 offroad pipe with 3.27 gears to [email protected] by just swapping to dart jr. heads and no other mods. (all on street tires). The car weighed in at just shy of 3000# with me in it.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
blk91gt said:
I agree, that 7.5 will eventually granade if you are making any sort of power. On my 82 GT I mannaged to explode the spider gears just launching on street tires in a stop light race (in my younger and stupider days). But you may as well run it till it pops.

D8OE heads were the generic v8 head used on everything from the 1978 "king cobra" to the 1984 GT, none of which topped 175 hp (flywheel). To give you some idea I went from 14.7s at 98 mph with unported D8 heads, Some generic 268 adv. duration cam, torker intake, 600 holley DP, shorties and 2.5 offroad pipe with 3.27 gears to [email protected] by just swapping to dart jr. heads and no other mods. (all on street tires). The car weighed in at just shy of 3000# with me in it.
Whoa! :eek: I'm getting these heads the frig' off! lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts