Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be building a motor in a few months and i want to get as much N/A HP out of it as possible with the intention of adding an S trim to it after. The motor has to be relatively streetable and have a relatively mild cam. An "E" would be the most radical i would go. Let me see what kind of N/A numbers yall are seeing and what kind of blown numbers yall are seeing. Please post your combos too so i may compare.

Thanks for your input!!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
see sig it's run low 11's without leaning on it, theres a ten it it this year!!! I went 11.22 @123 with a 1.60 60ft no trans brake (YET) LOL 8 # of boost bumping up to 12# soon.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Very mild DSS 306 here in a full weight 95 GT (3400+lbs) on pump gas and bald 17" Dunlops went 12.20's last year almost 115mph. The car has way more in it but needs suspension and tires! This was on 9psi boost which I stepped to 11psi this season. Out of the box GT40 heads and out of the box GT40 intake too...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Stock block 302, Box stock Twisted Wedge, AFM B-31, 36 lb injectors, 75 MM Pro M mass air, GT40 intake, 65 MM TB, Mac Long tubes, Off road H, Mac Pro-chambers with tails, 3:55 gears, Tremec 3550. Car made 514 rwhp. Only ran this combo at the track a few times. On Falken street tires, ran a best of 12.80 @ 123. On a set of wore out 28" M&H's, similar to ET streets ran a 11.80 @ 122.3. With better gearing or a smaller tire, should have ran better. I ended up selling the blower and most of the parts when my business slowed to help fund the bills so never got to see the full potential of the combo.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hi,

I never ran it natural, but with an S-trim, I've been a best of 10.91 at 130.11. The combo is a stock short block with a Wolverine 1087 cam, Edelbrock Performer heads, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, 70mm TB/80mm MAF, 42# injectors, full fuel system, MAC 1 5/8 full lengths, 5 speed, 3.73 gears.

Hope this helps,
Jim

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies so far guys (and girls if there are any). Its amazing to see what different combos will do. Learning alot. Keepem coming!!!

TTT

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Mine is pretty mild compared to some, but with cats and in smog legal trim it makes between 440-450 rwhp, and passes the CA sniffer. In a light car it would definitely run mid- to low-11's, but in my 3500+ pound vert (not including my weight) and with a road race suspension and ET Streets I got kicked out after a 12.02 run due to only having a 4-point roll bar. It could have run easy 11's that day, and it was pretty warm. I could have went much more radical, but it is reliable and the smog thing was one of my priorities at the time.

Don't count out a custom cam, though. I'm getting ready to put in a custom cam from FTI that Ed made for me, but am going to wait until after my smog test. If it passes, then there is no reason not to go with a custom.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Frank, what are you running your cam at retard advance or straight up?...metalbob

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
these are some amazing numbers. can some people post your elevations. I have seen a drastic change in some similiar combos and i am assuming that its due to elevation or temps. What temps were yalling running at? I am almost certain that i know what combo i am going to run. I am seeing that 450 RWHP is easily attainable with a mild NA combo. Now its a matter parts matching. I am leaning toward edelbrock, or TFS. Has anyone had any problems with intakes fitting under the stock 95 hood?

thanks for input.

ESP

·
Registered
392 Posts
DSS Bullet 306, Edelbrock Performer heads (1.94 valved), Performer RPM intake, 70mm TB, 75mm MAF, 36lb Injectors, F303 cam, Scorpian 1.6RR's, Paxton SN93, AFM Powerpipe, BBK Shorty headers, Custom O/R X-pipe, EEC-IV ecu swap, custom Diablo chip, Jacobs Prostreet Ignition.

433whp/509wtq @ 6psi
476whp/531wtq @ 9psi

both dyno pulls made on a somewhat hot day, with a little bit of blowby on pump gas (93octane)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oooo i am liking this. Keep the numbers coming!!! this is great!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
SSpyderd68 said:
Freezy74, want to elaborate on your combo? Your times are awesome and so are your hp/tq numbers.

Dave
i run a tw head mildly ported, GT-40 with the lower ported and a 274HR cam. numbers arent that bad being i'm running a 3.33/7" pully combo. makes me wonder what a 2.95 would do.......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts