Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is currently apart and various pieces are going in soon. I just love the look of polished 4V's. Maybe various pics will give me more ideas :cool:

·
Registered
696 Posts

There's a few more pics on my homepage.

I polished the supercharger outlet, pipes, and intake. And bought a chrome alternator. Next winter I think I'll polish the valve covers. I may get them chromed though.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice....can I ask where you purchased your chrome alternator? Is it a direct replacment but chrome, or is it different in output? Thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
Here you go.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Hey Guys, nice chrome! :)

Where can i get that tube just above the alternator in chrome and how much is it?

Thanks,
Alan

·
Registered
333 Posts
Thanks for the nice words. I had my Alt. chromed and water pipes done by a local guy that chromes things for living. He does good work but takes for ever 'Has a lot of work always"

I polished the rest of the stuff, but the blower came polished.

Thanks
Moody

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,411 Posts
Moody's 97 Vobra said:
I polished the rest of the stuff, but the blower came polished.

Thanks
Moody
What did you use? Sandpaper? I'd like to do my intake while the car is in winter storage and I have plenty of down time.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Here is were I got my start 3 years ago. He is on the corral something like forced347 I think.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/7713/polishin1.htm

First time polishing it took me like 40 hours to do my intake. But now it would take me half the time. I like working on my own stuff but man if I didn't I would pay someone else to do it. If you got the time go for it.

Moody

·
Registered
657 Posts
The important thing is the tools.

i read that web site about a year and a half ago, and really got hooked, spent a **** load of money on everything to do it. you really need to be stocked like the local hardware store with sandpaper and compunds.

If you take your time you can get amazing results. i worked on my friends trick flow intake for his 5.0l for about a month, just so he could paint it (look better than the body panels of his car however)

Time is the only problem, i wouldnt tackle mine without a spare cover personally..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts