3300#'s raceweight
4.10 gears and a shiftlight and some McCreary's at 11 PSI :D

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
SeanM is.. (84_GT) His best 1/4 MPH is 111.7

Best 1/4 time is 13.12

Home ported GT-40Ps.. Comp cams. XE274H- 230 236 dur @.050
.520 .523 lift 110lsa/ 106 Intake centerline...

I'm shure he will give you some more specs when he sees this post..

·
Premium Member
4,226 Posts
My old motor

went a best of 12.19 at 110...ported p's, gt40 intake, mild custom cam (.513", 218, 111lsa), lts,4.30's, 28x10's

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Jchambers,

Your plain out Bad Ass.. your the man..lol That is some AWESOME numbers for Bone stock P heads and .500 lift cam..!
:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
11.94 at 115.13

ported p's,ported performer rpm,f303,75mm tb,77mm maf,longtubes,4.10's,etc..etc..

was driven all the time,could have been faster but after 11 seconf goal i didnt mess with it anymore and started my new engine.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
<---- new username. :) '84 is goin' to the scrap heap in the spring so I figured I'd just change it now.

Thanks 306! You got the major points for me already. Most of the rest is in my sig, specifics on my webpage.

I'm not quite where Jeff is but I bet I'm sure I've got less wrapped up in it too......maybe less than you have in pistons and cam alone. ;) I pop by your page occasionally Jeff just to see how the combo progressed. Tremendous numbers man!! Congrats on a job well done. Shows what kind of power only 200cfm of flow thru the heads can make.

Sorry....no flow numbers. I'd be amazed if they were over 210 on the intake tho. I really didn't do a hell of a lot.

Things to note..........still haven't tuned jetting or timing at the track. Only made about 4 passes each of the two times I went this fall. All runs on street tires w/ hellacious wheel hop past the 60'. It's killing ET a LOT and hurting mph for sure so I'll have better numbers in the spring.

Also........the car is driven daily year 'round. Including winters.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I still haven't run mine. I hope to get a twEECer & have it dyno'd in the spring... then get the appropriate gears.

I'm hoping for 300 RWHP, which will probably peak around 5400 RPM.

I *think* it should pull 110 mph... if so, 3.73's would put me around 5300 RPM; 3.90's would be ~5600 RPM.

Combo:

ENGINE:
GT40P iron heads (pollished, milled 0.030", competition valve job), 10:1 compression, Crane 2031 cobra cam (214/220,.513/.529",112LSA), Trick Flow (1pc 4130) pushrods, 1.7 roller rockers, Manley Race Flow Valves, ARP Head Studs.

INTAKE:
Explorer U/L (pollished & port matched lower), Stock TB (reemed to death), Bullet 75mm MAF, 3" Rubber elbow (Crappy Tire plumbing section), Conical filter.

EXHAUST:
FMS C50 headers (#8 dimpled with BFH), Catco Hi-flow cats, Dynomax 2.5" cat-back.

ELECTRICAL:
130 Amp 3G alternator, Crane PS91 coil, Taylor wires with 90* boots & sleeves, (TwEECer in my dreams).

COOLING:
FMS A/C delete, Stewart WP, 93 Cobra overdirve WP pulley (March underdrive crank), Mr. Gasket Hiflow 180 therm, 3 core rad, Mark VIII electric fan, Variflow controller.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Your unported numbers are just about in line with what my heads flowed, and the motor made 465hp on the engine dyno. My numbers are just a tad higher, probably due to the valves and valve job that the heads have on them. Although I will say that the flow bench that I normally use is known to be pretty stingy.:(

·
Registered
286 Posts
Are any of you guys running 24 lb injectors? I'm running them and 80mm Pro-m and i'm thinking that I really don't need them, so i might switch back to 19's.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I'm still running the 130k mile 19lb'ers and its runing great.

wideband will tell the full story though....

I also forgot to mention that I'm running an exploder intake with a lower thats been ported to a 1250 gastket, and the upper has had some minor cleanup to smooth the runners a bit.

And after I read mr chambers' flow test on his website comparing the explorer to the GT40, I'm quite happy with it for a $150 intake!http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/intake_flow.htm

·
US Army Active Duty
2,433 Posts
I'm running 105 mph w/stock GT-40s and a stock Cobra cam, hopefully will be over 110 when the engine is done. P's flow a little better (despite smaller exhaust valves) than Cobra GT-40s, so I'd go with a 2030w/1.6s or 2031 w/1.7's, just pay attention to valve/piston clearance. Mine's now got a 2031, but I haven't got any runs due to a rod knock and needing longer pushrods. I'm switching to GT-40x's and a healthy compression boost anyway, so my mph will see a definite boost.

I'd stick with the 24# injectors, as long as you have a healthy pump (155 or 190) and an adjustable regulator, just dyno her to make sure you are straight.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Just out of curiosity, isn't there certain year explorer heads to look for that are better than others? What would I need to look for roaming the junk yards.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts