Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 4 lug wheels that I like very much. They are no longer made and since I have had them refinished they are pretty much one-of-a-kind. I have grown quite fond of the wheels over the years. As you can see in the picture below, there are provisions in the casting for a 5 lug bolt pattern.

I was wondering if it is possible to have someone TIG weld the existing 4 lug holes and then redrill the wheel for a 5x4.5 bolt pattern. Then toss it on a lathe and have the hub bore enlarged to the 5 lug dimensions. If it is possiblle, what are some shops that can do it?

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
194 Posts
yes it can be done. If you would like the formula for hole placement using a bridgeport send me a pm. I will need to know bold pattern you need ( I assume 5x4.5) .

·
Registered
145 Posts
I love your car...Saved several pics of it from Mustangworld months ago. I would want to keep those wheels too :) I'm painting my 88 notch white in a few weeks (230K miles + white = smoother look :D) and every time I see pics of your car, I'm tempted to ditch the ponies and go with darker wheels!

Beautifully done Stang! Is that a SoCal HP meet? Ever think of going with smoked headlights to compliment the wheels? We just replaced the yellowed headlights with original Ford replacements, but the smoked ones just look so sharp on white foxes...anyways, sorry for the thread bastardization :D TTYL!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mustangbelle306 said:
I love your car...Saved several pics of it from Mustangworld months ago. I would want to keep those wheels too :) I'm painting my 88 notch white in a few weeks (230K miles + white = smoother look :D) and every time I see pics of your car, I'm tempted to ditch the ponies and go with darker wheels!

Beautifully done Stang! Is that a SoCal HP meet? Ever think of going with smoked headlights to compliment the wheels? We just replaced the yellowed headlights with original Ford replacements, but the smoked ones just look so sharp on white foxes...anyways, sorry for the thread bastardization :D TTYL!
Actually that is a FordPower.net meet in Galveston, TX. I drove all the way fron CA to TX in June.

I have thought about the smoked lights. I am still undecided between the smoked, new stock, or the diamond cut. I worry that the smoked will make the already poor night time visability even worse. Here is a picture i photoshopped a while back.

Eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts