Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, all the other regions around here have had small gettogethers. So when is our turn? Mustang Unlimted doesn't count :D

I know there are a lot of you out there in the metro boston area so how bout a meet sometime in mid/late june? I figure we get the word out and toss it around and have a lot of response.

Anyone?

SHould we keep it at the Woburn Mall like last year, or maybe move to that Pond Ruzman and Dehux had their small meet at last weekend?

C'mon guys, toss some ideas out. Let's get something GOOD going here

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pond? Small?

It was a lake and I think 9 cars after a number of drop-outs, yourself included, is pretty decent; not huge, but pretty decent.

If there was a meet I'd be there. Just not on June 2nd, I have traffic court that day. Unless somebody wants to schedule a Mustang meet at traffic court :D .

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Traffic court huh? That blows.

I'm into it but I have no ideas. 5L5.....how was your move?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Im all about it.... let me know the time and date, a week in advance would be cool so i can tell work i wont be there that day ;)

·
Registered
746 Posts
I'm up for it. Now that my car is actually driveable, I need somewhere to drive it to!

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok guys, lets toss some ideas around on meeting date, time (most likely noonish) and location.

Delhux, isn't June 2nd a Sunday? Is that a mistake? Speaking of traffic court, Next tuesday is my 3rd and final time in court for that "thing" i had last year. Everything should be dropped that day so i will finally be free of the burden.

Ok, June 9th is the Mustangs Unlimited show so obvoiusly we can't use that day. Which day is better for some of you guys? Saturday or Sunday? Let me toss out a few dates. We can either pick a day during the June 1-2 weekend (assuming delhux made a mistake on his court date), Maybe June 8th the day before the MU show (just make it a Mustang weekend?) or the following June 15-16 weekend. What weekend works out the best? My first pick would be to set something up June 15th....but open to idea.

Time would probably be noon

Location: We can either go with the Woburn Mall again like last time. I have no problems with that location, OR we can change it up to the Lake that Delhux and Ruzman and a few others went to last weekend. From the pics it looks like an awesome place to hang out. I do not know how to get there so we will have to wait for one of those guys to chime in.

Opinions? Open to anything seeing as we have a little time to plan. Do you want to kick it back a few weeks or would you guys like to have in within 2 weeks or so? I figure we make it for June so that the weather will be nicer, girls will be more scantily clad, and more time to plan and get word out. I'd LOVE to see 20-25 stangs show up

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
K guys, how bout this?

June 1st (saturday) 12:00 noon

Is that ok or do you guys rather go with a later date near the end of the month? Let me know

Location is still TBD. I think we are gonna go with the lake that was mentioned up above. If Ruzman would clue us in on the exact location we can start finalizing this thing with 3 weeks to get ready

·
Registered
274 Posts
I also wouldnt be able to make it on the 2nd, My girlfriend is graduating from college, and I have to be there (she's getting an award for having the highest GPA in her Major (communications) and she has an interview at kiss108 thursday mornigh for an asst. producer of the morning show :joy: )

The 1st works for me...... I'd also need directions if it were to be held at the "lake".... but id definitely like to hit up a car show or something, maybe revere beach or something too. Isnt that nearby?

·
Registered
746 Posts
June 1st won't work for me, cause I'm moving into my new house that weekend. No biggie though if it works for everyone else. I'll catch up with everyone this summer at some point...

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Do you guys want to change the location to maybe Revere Beach or Nahant Beach? I know i'm the one organizing this (if you can call it that) but i don't want to turn around as tell you guys that the meet will take place on Revere Beach which is 1/2mile from my house :confused:

Sandy Beach might be a little hard to find. I don't even really know where it is. Ruzman and Delhux are the ones to ask on that. Doesn't matter to me...lets take a vote

1.) Sandy beach on Mystic Vally Parkway
2.) Revere Beach
3.) Nahant Beach
4.) open to suggestion

The beach can be nice though if it a nice saturday or sunday afternoon. After 7pm....the ricers come out :mad:

Throw me some ideas...c'mon. :D

Are we settling on the June 1st @ noon idea? I feel bad that you can't make thaty keith. Just an excuse to have more gettogethers over the summer.

·
Registered
274 Posts
oops, i forgot... im helping Keith move that day, and im sure Saul will be too.........howabout the following weekend ?

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, i just realized....i will be in Florida that weekend to drive a friends car home.

The Mustangs Unlimted show is June 9th. Do you guys want to get together on the 8th @ noon?

Still trying to decide a location....either the normal Woburn Mall spot...or move to revere beach?

·
Registered
24 Posts
bunch of us headed for Carlisle on that 1st weekend. How about that full Mustang weekend idea, Sat before MU Show. good chance to make final touches and finalize trip to CT timing too.

Sandy beach sounds great.

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, i agree....why not make June 8th and 9th a sort of Mustang Weekend. Plus we can all hang out on saturday and give us a chance to check out each others cars because Sunday all we will be doing is driving and then disperse when we get to MU.

I'm starting to think Sandy Beach is a nice place to try. I saw the pics from the meet Ruzman and Delhuz went to last weekend and it seems like a nice place to hang out.

Thing is i don't know how to get there so i will have to wait til either Delhux or Ruzman chime in on some directions ;)

But is it safe to say let's mark June 8th off as the meet and June 9th as the cruise?

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
The 9th is the WBCN RIver Rave. So I won't be going to the MU show. I don't know about a meet on the 8th, I'll probably be working. Perhaps I'll show up for a meet if it is sorta early in the day...

·
Registered
482 Posts
June 8th is the Dyno day at New England Dyno Tune. Is it possible to meet up at that Woburn mall and cruise over to the Dyno day? Not sure were Woburn is, if it is even close. Just an idea. Either way I will be at the Dyno day.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts