Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had tmoss port a cobra intake? How did it turn out?

Has anyone had thumper port a set of P heads? How is it?

I am contemplating buying a cobra intake and P heads to run on a factory shortblock with a B cam and 1.6 FMS rockers. I am curious if anyone is running a similar combo. The reason I want the P heads and Cobra is that in the future I would like to step up to a 347 short block. I would like to be able to simply swap my heads, intake and valvetrain. I don't want to purchase this stuff twice.

I am trying to keep the cost down.

All thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
someone........

anyone.........

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I have a killer set of new, fully ported Windsor Sr's. You can have them $1,000, and will work great on a 347.

Later, Greg(XSR)

·
Registered
3,302 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
StangLX302, I know what your saying, usualy good portwork looks really nice, but just because the port work isnt "pretty" doesnt mean they wont perform, Ive never even see pics of the "T" heads but I will say that Ive seen Bennett ported heads that didnt look pretty and was awsome on the bench...just a thought, post some pics if you can, alot of people who port heads could most likely tell you if the head porter is a novice or an experianced head porter...

·
Registered
3,302 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Pretty stuff

The pretty stuff sells,thats the bottom line and for what "us" head porters charge you should get "pretty" port work.If you take pride in your work it shows.The sad truth is you can port a set of heads with the most aggressive bit known to man,flow them then polish them to a chrome finish and it makes no difference!not 1 cfm! thats why alot of guys dont like to do it.

·
Registered
10,998 Posts
You got it Tripp. I could stop with my rough cut aluminum bit and get the same flow as I do when I finish with a lubed double cut bur, but people just expect "pretty" even if it does'nt add to performance. Some guy is bound to say what a crappy job it is when it will flow and make HP just the same.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts

·
Registered
10,998 Posts
The cuts should have a reasonable rectangular shape and the intake runner opening should be the same size or slightly smaller than the head runner opening.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts

·
Registered
10,998 Posts
Your memeory is really bad - prove what your saying by finding that post and bring it's link here. In reality the openings were very regular. The poster was my customer and the subject was not about a poor port job. Someone (maybe you?) made a comment about straight walls due to distortion of the pic from a flash. Prove what your saying - find the thread, post the link, and we'll ask the actual owner if he saw the "very irregular" ports you talk about.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
"when the ports barely even resemble a nice rectangle any longer, How are they going to match up?"

Huh, Air Flow Research doesn't know this either. I would describe their runners as more oval than rectangular.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
I've deleted my comments for the simple reason that I've pissed someone off, and I would never intentionally try to hurt someones reputation/business.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Back to the original question......

Does anyone have a tmoss ported cobra intake or thumper ported "p" heads?

I would really appreciate some testimonials.

·
Registered
10,998 Posts
Tanker - I posted one user testimonial link above, PM me and I'll give you some Cobra/GT40/Explorer customers that you can contact.

Come on StangLX302 - you sought to sully my reputation and now your gonna run? Find that link and post it! Find one of my 200+ customers that will say the port work was crappy.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts

·
Registered
10,998 Posts
Pictures are on my web page and have been posted numerous times on Corral, and Stangnet. I've ported over 200 5.0 intakes and never had anyone but you, who has never seen one personnaly, tell everyone that the port shapes were "very irregular" - you just don't know what your talking about - so take your own advice. Anyone of the 200 out there want to post a complaint to back this guy up?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts