Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow. I was very supprised. I got the car back together and running. It's not done by any means but I got the motor assembled and in the car with the new heads. This is with the same stock manifolds and catted x that was on the car.
I will be putting a set of longtubes on it in a month or two and plan on tuning it with about 12-14 # of boost.
All is the same for right now with the only changes being lower compression and ported heads. I didn't expect to see any gains till I got the headers and added more boost.
I went ahead and made a few passes at Bradenton Saturday and to my supprise I picked up 3mph and dropped almost 3 tenths off of my best time on Nittos. This on a very hot day at noon. I was taking it real easy and shifting it easy at about 6K.
I think this indicates a pretty solid gain for head porting alone. Now I can't wait to get the headers on there and get it tuned.

David

·
Registered
116 Posts
Congrats, David, my car in getting done as we speak at Idlewild, the car will be done by next week then on May 30 will be driving back to Higgins Ford Performance in Atlanta to get retuned, I can't wait to see what it will do. Good Luck with the new setup.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Lies, all lies!! Just tell the truth and tell them you have 4v heads on it. There is no way a 2v can run that good. :p ;)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Congrads tampa99gt. Sounds like you may have picked up about 30rwhp. Who did the P&P work?

Can't wait for my heads to come in.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heads were done at Total Engine Airflow.
Just a little porting with Modmax Valves.
I posted the flow #s a few weeks ago if anyone wants to see them just do a search.

David

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
tampa99gt said:
Heads were done at Total Engine Airflow.
Just a little porting with Modmax Valves.
I posted the flow #s a few weeks ago if anyone wants to see them just do a search.

David
I couldn't find the flow #'s with a search. :confused: If you could repost them that would be great. :) Also, how pleased are you with TEA's work? I am considering having them do some 4V heads for me. :evil: What kind of a valve job (standard, 3angle, 5angle) did they do on them? Do you mind if I ask about prices? Thanks for any extra info. :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
didn't look hard enough :)

ALLNTRL said:
I couldn't find the flow #'s with a search. :confused: If you could repost them that would be great. :) Also, how pleased are you with TEA's work? I am considering having them do some 4V heads for me. :evil: What kind of a valve job (standard, 3angle, 5angle) did they do on them? Do you mind if I ask about prices? Thanks for any extra info. :)
Here ya go ;)

cfm
Lift intake exhaust
.0500 31.5 25.7
.1000 66.4 54.7
.1500 94.5 81.5
.2000 122.7 108.3
.2500 144.4 128.2
.3000 166.1 148.1
.3500 183.9 162.6
.4000 201.6 177.2
.4500 211.0 190.4
.5000 220.3 203.6
.5500 225.9 209.9
.6000 226.5 213.0

He came over to my house after he got the heads. They looked awesome! I would definitely have TEA do your heads. he's done a lot of my friend's heads along with a lot of top racers heads ie; Mike Murillo and Bart Tobenor to name a few.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Jomar, thanks for the info. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.